Chemspec 860 in garage sale?

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
What's the low-down on these systems? Seems like quality parts but I've read the build quality isn't so great and that other parts were skimped on which has lead to early failures of pumps, blowers, etc?

The price is attractive but...?
It's for sale on Craigslist but the picture in that ad is a stock photo. I've got a picture but can't attach it. Don't know if anyone can help me there?

Looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet.
Looking for opinions, experiences with, advice, etc.

Thanks guys,
Bill

STEVEC

Built by ACE, no longer around. Hard to find certain parts for. Got one in my shop( ACE 860 )runs great right now. Guy that owns it only wants $7,500.00 incl 200 ft of vac & sol hose + reels and wand

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
crickets in the background.....

WOW...That bad, huh? Nobody can even take the time to comment how bad it is... that's so unusual. Guess that says volumes! Sort of what I expected to be honest.

Thanks!
Bill

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
for that price get it and strip out what sucks on it....

and make it your own

D

dirt smackdown

floorguy said:

and make it your own
I am with floor guy on this one. i have two now three pices of crap I bought and then built up and fixed everything and now have bad azzed machines. I basically threw out the heat exchangers and put in an inline heat source like a giant ht2 propane fired. by passed all the crap and now have a very dependable machines..

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
floorguy said:

That's what I was considering. Who wouldn't be tempted by a 49 hp Nissan engine, Root 59 blower and a 3000 psi pump? However, I've read that poor engine placement/alignment results in early blower, pump and engine failures. Even if I got it for $1000 it would be a waste of money if those parts blew up.

I don't know if that is something I have the skills to fix or if it is something that can not be corrected at all, period. The guy emailed me and said he was flexible on price. Said he bought the box truck and the unit came with it and said it runs great but "he doesn't need a system that big" which I thought was rather strange. If it runs great, why not use it? Who can't use more CMF's?

He's just cutting and pasting info from the ACE website and such. I don't think he know what he's talking about. Afterall, his business name is RKL Trucking, llc.. not RKL Carpet Cleaning.

Anyway, maybe it's just best to stay away and continue to save money and buy something with a better track record even if it cost more like a used Powerclean Genesis59 or a new Judson C4.

Thanks,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom