Chemspec Formula 90

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
I found a sample of this in the shop and tried it. Seems to work pretty well.

Does anyone here use this on a regular basis?

Comments please.

Mikey P

Administrator
We are testing a 5 gallon bucket's worth to see if we want to make it our everyday rinse agent..

We only need it to proved some rinsing ability and very light cleaning action to areas that don't get pre spayed, such as under upholstery.

Reactions: GCCLee

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
It works ok. Used it 20 years ago. If I remember right I quit because I didn't like the smell of it not because it didn't clean well. They might of even changed it since then.

Gene

hogjowl

Idiot™
I use it every day. It's good stuff. In fact, just today the perfect thing happened to convince my boy to remember to turn the Dwyer meter on.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone out to the van to put the vacuum up and found the TM running without the rinse turned on. It happened today, and I turned it on and set it to 4. I screwed around the van for a couple of minutes and then went inside to check on my son. He was cleaning the worst room in the house and told me to go get the rotary; it wasn't cleaning well and we were going to have to scrub it. I told him to keep going and sure enough, when the Formula 90 hit the wand, the second half cleaned up fine.
He learned a lesson all the talking in the world couldn't teach him.

Yes, he had to re clean the first half, but only with Formula 90.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I just had to make a switch from Kleenlines emulsifier since I can't get it any more

Choose the formula 90 to try.

Reactions: Mikey P

hogjowl

Idiot™
Detergent, rinse, whatever. As far as the hand after cleaning, I can't tell any difference if I run it or I don't. I think the concern is bulletin board fed.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I think the terminology really stems from marketing (like everything else). Prior to the introduction of acid rinses everyone used a detergent in the machine. When we had a problem such as cellulosic browning from those wonderful jute backed carpets we sprayed a browning formula.

With the introduction of acid rinses (which I believe came from Prochem and introduced mostly by Lee Pemberton) the idea of an everyday acid rinse became the standard. As time passed some of the chemical manufacturers realized the term "rinse" was a powerful one. Thus the term rinse was borrowed for alkaline detergents.

I could be wrong as I haven't had a Guinness since Ash Wednesday and my brilliance is definitely running low. Just 2 more days of abstinence.

Reactions: Total_Rookie

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
I'm not sure if you're talking about the Liquid Formula 90 or the Powdered Formula 90, but they've recently changed the Powdered Formula 90 to include Biosolv, which makes it a stronger cleaner.

We've heard really good things about the Powdered Formula 90, as guys that are using it says it cleans great. We actually have a handful of the "new" Chemspec products on sale at 20% off, if anyone wanted to try this product or another Chemspec product.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It is a detergent. Rinse just sounds better.

Same reason these days no one uses chemicals, we all use "cleaning agents".

Reactions: Mikey P

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
For the vast majority of my 18 years of cleaning I used powdered Formula 90, I will never forget that moist (unless the bucket got bumped open), soft, pale yellow powder with a scent you never forget. Not really pleasant or unpleasant scent, just memorable. When I cleaned repos in the old fiberglass porty days, it was cold water only and Formula 90 did an acceptable job with cold water and a porty on those yucky repo carpets. Then when the new millenium hit, the world of chemistry and heat opened up once I got my first truckmount....I moved on to other detergents, rinses and pre-sprays. But I will never forget "my first".

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom