CHEMSPEC RX BROWNING

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
besides cotton fringes does it have any other uses. i did some test on nylon and it turned it yellow like bleach. i wonder what it would do to a white carpet. i use it occasionally on white furniture if it's trashed with excellent results.

gene

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Fringe Bleach either Masterblend or Chemspec is a strong oxidizer but rather than using sodium as the ionic bonding agent, it utilizes Potassium. So instead of say Sodium percarboante or Sodium Hypochlorite, RX uses Potatsium Peroxymonsulfate and Potasium carbonate.

The potasium is a bit more reactive than the sodium but in this case, the oxidizing reaction that occurs is much milder on the fabric than sodium percabonate can be.

However, its still a strong oxidizer and should only be used on pure white fabrics.

BTW. if you are simply trying to correct browning, Glaciel acetic acid works very well. Masterblends Master Rinse, Chemspec's All Fiber Rinse are a few examples..

Using Fringe bleach will cause fringe deteriorate after repeated bleachings.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I wasn't trying to correct anything. Just wondering if it had any other uses besides white fringes. I did some testing on samples of nylon in my garage not a customers carpet. it turned them shades of yellow similar to what bleach would do. I didn't have a white sample to test on.

gene

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
So to answer your question, there really isn't alot you can use it on except cotton/ undyed fabrics. The Potasium monooxysulfate acts a bit like sodium hypercholorite when it comes to dyes and nylon carpets.. I actually like to use a table spoon or two when washing our spotting towels. I accidently washed a tank top of my fiance's that was off white.. I thought it was dirty so I added a table spoon of the fringe bleach... oops she has a snowwhite tank top now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom