Child Care...

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
My 3 year old (love him to death) is a ball of manic energy excited by the slightest hint of potential activity. WOW :!: That kid doesn't even slow down...

Daytime work has been a bit scarce as of late so I've been tending to my boy myself as of late and I have to say its fun but demanding. Come to think of it so is he... :lol: Especially when he wants a popcicle!

Anyway, the Daddy DayCare routine isn't that bad (& sometimes it's really fun) but for the sake of sanity and business operational requirments I can't do it all the time. It's almost impossible to take a phone call when he's awake unless he's watching Nickelodeon. Any suggestions other than day care? I kind of dig hanging out with him...

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
at one point I had a little closet at our old store location, that I had all the legos and games I could ever want and that did a good job of occupying me for hours on end.

Vinnie

RIP
Name
Vincent Annunziato
Jer; I feel for you man. I remember when my son was that age. I would come home my wife look like she got mugged, she would always say there something wrong with this kid he never stops. But at least at night time 8:00 PM it was lights out for him until 6:00 AM the next day.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Enjoy every minute while you have it. I just sent my oldest son off to University of Iowa this fall. When my kiddies were young I took on an Apartment Manager / Maintenance job so that I could be that stay at home Dad as well as support my family.

And if all else fails:

Duct%20Tape%202.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We were young when my father first started the business and my mother answered the phone from home also.

One time Dan and I were playing indoor football and my mother was answering a business call. We were making such a racket my mother was throwing stuff at us to get us to shut up, silverware, books.

Finally frustrated she threw a shoe at us, we couldn't believe it, we looked at each other and busted out laughing. Then zing the other one whizzes by.

Man was she pissed when she hung up, worse beating I ever got in my life! :mrgreen:

So ummmm throw things at him????? :roll:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
that is why I worked in the middle of the night for many years

Finally frustrated she threw a shoe at us, we couldn't believe it, we looked at each other and busted out laughing. Then zing the other one whizzes by.

my dad kicked the crap out of me one day after I did something like that, never did it again

Name
Lee Stockwell
Mine went with us from the time they were babies. Jason could do a killer job prespraying when he was three, the little guy would go around "kicking out" bad spot like a pro on an empty apt. Great memories...

Name
I'm Rick James
Jeremy said:
My 3 year old (love him to death) is a ball of manic energy excited by the slightest hint of potential activity. WOW :!: That kid doesn't even slow down...

Daytime work has been a bit scarce as of late so I've been tending to my boy myself as of late and I have to say its fun but demanding. Come to think of it so is he... :lol: Especially when he wants a popcicle!

Anyway, the Daddy DayCare routine isn't that bad (& sometimes it's really fun) but for the sake of sanity and business operational requirments I can't do it all the time. It's almost impossible to take a phone call when he's awake unless he's watching Nickelodeon. Any suggestions other than day care? I kind of dig hanging out with him...

***Schedule Schedule Schedule***

Maybe transfer your phones to FC during the time you spend with your son, so you guys can have positive bonding. When he takes a nap transfer them back. During that time you can work with your son on training him how to act while you are on the phone. It may take a couple of weeks with consitant discipline and working with him, but he will learn. You need to teach him to respect that you are on the phone and its easy to do with positive reinforcement. Problem solved in less than a month.

-JB-

Name
JB
Jerm,
Somehow I can't get the saying,

"apple doesn't fall far from the tree"

outta my head.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I treasure every waking moment I get to spend with my kids when we are in slow down mode. My wife has done an excellant job of "conditioning" our kids that when the phone rings it better be complete silence until it is found out if it is a business call or not. Actually most of the time when the office/house phone rings it is either a business call or a scammer, most everyone else we know calls on the cells. My boy just turned 8 and like you guys say he goes not stop form 6-7-8 to 9-10-11. However, this also helps to keep me young, it's also funny how they transition. Now he's saying dad I can't wait till summer so we can go golfing.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Tell the truth. I am lucky enough to have my son who is a wonderfull 3 year old with me today, I hope you don't mind.

Turn it into a positive moment of truth.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Brent mentioned Full Circle....that's the way to go.
They might even be able to take encap orders for you.

I've had my little girl from day one...by myself...haven't seen her mom in over 10 years.

I was married for a while....it was still by myself. lol

Now Jen does a great job with her...she is blossoming.

But Full Circle really really really gives me the time to do the "important" things in life.

Give the kid the time he deserves....it gets really bad if they don't have at least one parental unit to bond with.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Elite-Tek_SH-9888_shock_collar__25986_zoom.jpg

If you can not take a business call then it is a serious problem.
He has to learn that when you are on the phone, there is zero tolerance for distractions. Try teaching him by calling yourself, and anchoring his behavior change to the sound of your phone ringing. Practice often to condition him like Pavlovs dogs.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
My mom had us trained pretty well.

The problem with the collar is it doesn't leave bruises to remind you the next time the phone rings. !gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom