Chime in on my Glide variant discription

Mikey P

Administrator
I need something like this to post on each product page on GG.com
New cleaners just dont know...

Slot Glides are best for dirtier carpet that has debris in or on it and for cleaners who prefer some resistance or grab at the carpet to wand interface. Also, our Slots have recessed bridges so there are no lines left in the carpet when the glide is new. As the face of the Glide wears down the bridges can be recessed again with a knife, razor or dremel tool.

Hybrid Glides are for those that prefer to not work so hard, get noticeably better dry times, especially with smaller truckmounts or portables. Wands with large vacuum chambers such as Evolutions, SharpShooters, AW29s and the PMF "Machs" perform noticeably better with the added restriction. Some debris can be extracted through the slot portion of the vacuum pattern, unlike our Hole pattern.

Hole Glides are best for portables, cleaners with back pain, elbow, wrist and shoulder issues and for those wanting the quickest dry times. Holes are also great for cleaning area rugs on location as the rug wont lift up as you clean the edges and corners. Hole Glides dry any carpet the quickest and are the best choice for wool carpet and rugs. Dry soil removal (pre-vacuumming) prior to wet extraction is a must in most cases.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giorgio

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I need something like this to post on each product page on GG.com
New cleaners just dont know...

Slot Glides are best for dirtier carpet that has debris in or on it and for cleaners who prefer some resistance or grab at the carpet to wand interface. Also, our Slots have recessed bridges so there are no lines left in the carpet when the glide is new. As the face of the Glide wears down the bridges can be recessed again with a knife, razor or dremel tool.

Hybrid Glides are for those that prefer to not work so hard, get noticeably better dry times, especially with smaller truckmounts or portables. Wands with large vacuum chambers such as Evolutions, SharpShooters, AW29s and the PMF "Machs" perform noticeably better with the added restriction. Some debris can be extracted through the slot portion of the vacuum pattern, unlike our Hole pattern.

Hole Glides are best for portables, cleaners with back pain, elbow, wrist and shoulder issues and for those wanting the quickest dry times. Holes are also great for cleaning area rugs on location as the rug wont lift up as you clean the edges and corners. Hole Glides dry any carpet the quickest and are the best choice for wool carpet and rugs

Perhaps a tactful comment regarding the need for dry soil removal prior to the use of a hole glide.

I know that should be a given, but I rarely see vacuum cleaners in the vans that come in here for service so.........

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Looks good!

Now that GG are so easily interchangeable, I'd like to see a Package Deal consisting of one of each type of glide. That way I can select which glide to use depending on the job at hand.

I could even switch out glides multiple times on the same job.

Maybe you could offer a Buy two get one FREE deal?

greencc

Name
gary
If your customer has never used a glide then i think the focus should be how hard it is to pull and push a wand with a glide on it. and that is why a glide is so important because it makes it easier to push a wand and encourages dry strokes especially toward the end of the day.

slot glide = hardest to push and pull because it grabs the carpet fibers similar to a wand with no glide. it also sucks up most debris for those you don't vacuum.

hole glide = easiest to push and also dries the carpet the best. it reduces joint pain
caused by using a glideless wand and is what most older cleaners use. but
it needs to be used in tandam with an upright vacuum in order not to get
plugged up by debris.

hybrid glide = fits in between the two above. easier (some say much easier) to push than a slot but dries slower than a hole. since the slots are smaller than
the ones on the slot glide the use of an upright vacuum is advised.

Most new customers are probably newer cleaners since glides have been out for so many years. they don't have experience with many different wands and so they are looking for a glide that will give them a "better " clean with the wand they have. Most might pick a slot glide at first, then when they buy a better wand go to a hybrid or a hole glide.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
If your customer has never used a glide then i think the focus should be how hard it is to pull and push a wand with a glide on it. and that is why a glide is so important because it makes it easier to push a wand and encourages dry strokes especially toward the end of the day.

slot glide = hardest to push and pull because it grabs the carpet fibers similar to a wand with no glide. it also sucks up most debris for those you don't vacuum.

hole glide = easiest to push and also dries the carpet the best. it reduces joint pain
caused by using a glideless wand and is what most older cleaners use. but
it needs to be used in tandam with an upright vacuum in order not to get
plugged up by debris.

hybrid glide = fits in between the two above. easier (some say much easier) to push than a slot but dries slower than a hole. since the slots are smaller than
the ones on the slot glide the use of an upright vacuum is advised.

Most new customers are probably newer cleaners since glides have been out for so many years. they don't have experience with many different wands and so they are looking for a glide that will give them a "better " clean with the wand they have. Most might pick a slot glide at first, then when they buy a better wand go to a hybrid or a hole glide.
Excellent!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom