Chinese Restaurant traffice areas look bad day after cleaning. Suggestions?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Whatever day you do the chinese carpet, take that time to find some better customers. I've done 3 different chinese restaurants in my time cleaning carpets, and I fired 2 of those customers and one of them were too cheap to call me back.

Reactions: Jimmy L and Russ T.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Based on the input and what I have to work with I will go back with just the wand, using Attack again and bring some fans. Making sure my suction is good and filters are freshly cleaned. I guess I am too enamored with the Rotovac 360i.
I doubt she will let me use the 175. I will fix this issue, get more practice on other jobs using encap method, and maybe try it again in 3 months with her.
Thanks for all the input!
I don't think it's the 360i.

I have a Nautilus MX3-500H porty and a vac booster and I do a Chinese annually. Used Blitz this year.

Just hit it again. Clean in the opposit direction. Dry pass.

IMG_8456.JPG

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I do a number of different types of restaurants and bars....

Uneven floors in this video...I also have a lot of videos using different tools for these jobs. Zipper SS Super Spinner king on the super nasty...but again without pics, not sure what you have going...and the Super Spinner, you need a large enough truckmount to handle it...

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Most Chinese restaurants that are getting cleaned every 3 months are being neglected.

It's not nearly often enough.

Once a month contract is where I'd start.

They won't like the price (probably double what you charged) and will be looking for someone else.

You got the job BECAUSE of the inexperience and low price.

Fix both of those, and the Chinese Restaurants won't even call you!

It's awesome!

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
ok let's be real here. Whoever told you mircopads clean pulled wool over your eyes. Sounds like you buff n shined the grease with micro pad. Second them folks are not and will not pay you what the job is worth nor will they pay for routine scheduled carpet cleaning. Give them their money back and thank them for the experience and run real fast the other way. As far as your reputation with them, no worries cause birds of alike feathers flock together. You don't want their circle of friends either.

While thanking them offer them a box of matches as a courtesy instead of a spotter bottle. Or maybe a bottle of butane with the matches.
IMG_0603.JPG

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Years ago walked in a Japanese sit in and take out joint. Ordered my food at the sit in counter. Noticed the lady owner busing a table a couple had used and left. She took the plates back near to the chef counter where I was sitting, she grabs with tongs a few chunks of whatever was left off the plates, rubs it off with a towel and tossed the chunks back in the food containers on the chef counter.
I Walked out and never returned.

Name
Nate W.
Years ago walked in a Japanese sit in and take out joint. Ordered my food at the sit in counter. Noticed the lady owner busing a table a couple had used and left. She took the plates back near to the chef counter where I was sitting, she grabs with tongs a few chunks of whatever was left off the plates, rubs it off with a towel and tossed the chunks back in the food containers on the chef counter.
I Walked out and never returned.

Still good, no waste... Damn Americans, soo wasteful...:eekk:

Had a guy in NY doing that with the saimin soup, after you finish he'd pour it back into the pot... Gives it flavor...:errf:

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I recycle my coffee, sort of.

Never have understood the physics behind drinking a cup and pissing a pint, but if we could harness it, not only could we have a happier workforce but we'd have unlimited resources!

Scratch62

Name
Roger S
Well, this thread disintegrated into sillyness pretty fast! LOL. (or should that be ROR?)

I was a little slow on the uptake about the alkaline rinse- it's simply putting carpet cleaning solution into the fresh water rinse.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback and y'all have restored my confidence to tackle solving this one.
I anticipate that with extra dry passes and the fans it will look great.
Next time I will use the 175 machine after hwe.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Pre-sprayed just the traffic areas with ReleaseIt DS and used microfibre pad with 175 machine. It looked great at that point.

Your answer is right in front of you.

Although you need to figure out what caused it to be left too wet, it may be better to just pad it again with some more DS and MF pads, place some fans and be done with it, instead of wetting it again and risking more wicking and possibly loosing the account.

Make sure their HVAC system stays on overnight with fan setting on "ON" not "AUTO".

Name
Nate W.
Don't be too hard on yourself. Every carpet cleaner has at least one or two Chinese restaurant horror stories. It's almost a right of passage.

Just wait till you graduate to your first Chinese massage parlor. It gets worse!

Where ya been Georgie?!? Miss ya crazy ass!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I had a favorite Vietnamese restaurant where I knew the owners. I finally persuaded them to let me clean the carpets. We always thought the carpets were grey. Uh, uh, they were blue. Surprise surprise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom