Discussion in 'Water, Fire, & Smoke Damage' started by 1st choice restoration, Feb 22, 2018.
Anyone using chlorine dioxide?? Using for Mold or what? Fill me in
It has different forms. Liquid and gas. I know it works on odors, we've used the liquid some as a disinfectant.
I think the gas has even more potential than the liquid but have not used it.
I'm not familiar with it's use on mold. I can see where it could kill it, but mold remediation should be more about removal than killing.
Claims the gas kills active spores. Possibly eliminating hepa vacuuming? It’s my understanding it’s a powerful disinfectant
Killing it I believe but it would leave dead spores. Dead spores can still be allergenic and possibly toxigenic. Removal with HEPA vacuuming would still be needed.
That’s what I thought... the claim is that it eliminates spores in the air to pass clearance test. So that leads me to believe people are using it pass test and move on
An airscubber would remove spore counts from the air and give you a false test.
I can't see how it could remove the spore. It's not destroying the spore. It doesn't oxidize it to nothing. Dead spores would have cell structures that could be found with tape tests or if air were introduced, in the mainstream.
I can't see it's merit. ???
So possibly just replacing products like serum? I could possibly see it beneficial in a crawl space possibly. Set off gas then then hepa vac after gas clears. Seems to be more beneficial in odor control possibly instead of ozone etc
I think MMR might be a better choice for a crawl space. While it isn't EPA registered a a disinfectant, it does remove the staining as a byproduct provide some kill also.
Ive seen it used in really stinky cars. They just bomb it with that stuff. Byproduct is salt, correct?
Yes correct. Byproduct is salt