Chlorine Dioxide, is it really OK to breath?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You need SteraMist! :biggrin:

If I were you I'd call these guys. They are located in Topeka. :winky:

ADC Logo Badge_med.jpg

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
As with everything it depends on the concentrations used in the applications.
ozone is toxic to humans but yet we breathe it everyday.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I know Danno (as in "Book 'em Danno). Still don't want to breathe chlorine dioxide. A potential for harm if misused and we have seen many cleaning products misused.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Our product is a liquid solution containing a chlorine compound in a water formulation.

It generates a small amount of chlorine dioxide in the solution, making it effective at eliminating stubborn odors.

Our customers use it for removing urine and other difficult odors in concrete and other flooring materials.

Data Sheet - http://cobbcarpet.com/chlorbl.doc

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Okay it's like using common chlorine bleach.
Ahhhh! The wonderful aroma of bleach that gets burned in your nose after a long day of washing the outside of a house.

2005 was the last year I offered pressure washing for that very reason. I probably lost 5 years of my life in the amount of bleach my skin absorbed

And yes, Marty, I used a separate trailer for my pressure washing setup

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Is that the same as Calcium Hypochlorite? I had the opportunity to clean a very wealthy mans 1000's of sf of travertine tile around his pool and deck area. The second level deck was worth $250,000 in exotic wood. Whom ever grouted this tile used the wrong type expoxy type grout. It looked mildewed, according to the installer, and he was absolutely not gonna have his mind changed. He just wanted it cleaned at any cost. The homeowner was out of town. The pool was top tier inground, with walk on automatic cover so that he cover keep the 92* water warm. This is an outdoor pool, in NE Ohio. He swam everyday, reguardless of weather.
So.....after I tried everything in my arsenal, he insisted that I use the Calcium Hypochlorite as a prespray. This would have filled the neighbor hood air with the nasty smell of chlorine. I turned him down. I told him to grab some local laborers, (Mexicans in my area....they'll do anything), give them a bucket full of Calcium Hypochlorite, a brush and a shop vac, and have at it.

(As for the Mexican statement.....I'm married to a Mexican, so I know what the local guys will do for a buck).

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You and Taco are so mixed up. He married a white woman!
When I was 5 my parents moved us to the White side of town.

So if you ever wondered what would happen when you take a poor minority kid and move him to the nicer neighborhood...I would greatly resemble that. :winky:

There were no Mexican girls in my school. :shifty:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Good thing the class photos were black and white back then. I just look like I had a nice tan. :winky:

You ever been the kid that mom's didn't want their daughters to go out with?

Me neither. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom