Choices

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I have a chance to buy either a 360 or a drimaster and a sebo scrubber for around $900. I'm thinking the 360 but would like some feedback. Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
A Porty Hacks second best friend is a 175 rotary machine. I wouldn't think of any other tool unless I already had a 175.
You can pre-scrub, encap, padcap and more with a 175.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
What do you have now?

A portable and a wand?

Get a 175 and the Clean FreAk shampoo brush.

after that get yourself a 360i.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kevin Leach bragged on his 360 when he visited. We have Drimasters and while they were the deal for a while I think I'd take Kevin's advice and go with the 360.

Reactions: KevinL

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Sox,
Man up and get the 360i, you will love it. It's worth the investment and that is what it is.

Chris

btw: My hills are bigger than your brotha :biggrin:

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Sox,
Man up and get the 360i, you will love it. It's worth the investment and that is what it is.

Chris

btw: My hills are bigger than your brotha :biggrin:

My meth heads are worse too

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Learning to utilize a 175 in different situations with the right pads and bonnets will make you a more versatile, effective cleaner.

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Learning to utilize a 175 in different situations with the right pads and bonnets will make you a more versatile, effective cleaner.
'''

I'm going with a 175 from cleanfreak. I'm gonna get the carpet shampoo brush and a hard surface brush for tile but my only question (I'm sure I'll pay for this) is , do I wand the pad driver or the bristle pad driver for bonnet cleaning. This is a new process for me. I'm not sure about bonnet cleaning/encapsulation. Ive seen it done and get the gist, spray, bonnet and vacuum. Not sure I'll ever use the red scrub pads. I would love to offer an array of services.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Yep! get the 360i and you wont have to prescrub. Let it do the work. Thanks for the vote of confidence Richard. When are you going to get one?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I could just tell by the way you described how great it did for that you really believed in it.

No, I have so many things ahead of it. Just bought a Dirt Dragon last week so I'm good for a little while. ;)

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
'''

I'm going with a 175 from cleanfreak. I'm gonna get the carpet shampoo brush and a hard surface brush for tile but my only question (I'm sure I'll pay for this) is , do I wand the pad driver or the bristle pad driver for bonnet cleaning. This is a new process for me. I'm not sure about bonnet cleaning/encapsulation. Ive seen it done and get the gist, spray, bonnet and vacuum. Not sure I'll ever use the red scrub pads. I would love to offer an array of services.

Get the bristle pad driver as opposed to the black ones with the spikes. You will use this driver with all bonnets and pads. You can get red\white scrub pads at HD. Some guys prefer them to the brushes, especially on commercial, but decide for yourself. A lot of different style bonnets you can play with......microfiber, cotton, scrubbie strips.
Be sure the shower solution feed tank also.

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I saw the tank. Do you use that rather than prespray? Sorry for all the questions

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I saw the tank. Do you use that rather than prespray? Sorry for all the questions

You can, but most of the time I do a combination of both.
The thing to remember if you are going to showerfeed only, is to not spin any pad/brush DRY on any carpet or the friction can burn it, so you have to pay attention to you trigger, and how much solution you are putting out, especially in the first few minutes. Also if showerfeeding only, you must showerfeed every area to keep lubrication up, so it may be overkill, and you may use more solution than necessary.
I would stick with at least a light prespray for lubrication purposes until you get over the learn curve necessary to tame a 175.
If you have never run a floor machine before, they can take you for quite a ride.

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Okay I will prespray, not doubt. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the difference between regular bonnet cleaning and encap. Which type of Chem for bonnet as opposed to encap solution ect. I've used a buffer to strip a floor but that's about it. I am however very excited to learn these methods and apply them to my trade.

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Encapping I understand or so I think. Spray, brush,(carpet brush head or red pad?) let dry and vac. I'd love to use the bonnet method on some of my commercial accounts.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Okay I will prespray, not doubt. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the difference between regular bonnet cleaning and encap. Which type of Chem for bonnet as opposed to encap solution ect. I've used a buffer to strip a floor but that's about it. I am however very excited to learn these methods and apply them to my trade.

Same encapsulating solutions used for both.
Straight encapping is purely scrubbing the solution into the carpet, usually with a white pad/red pad , and relying on the encapsulating properties of the solution and the post-vacuuming for the removal of the soil .......in theory. This is mainly considered a commercial "maintenance" technique due to the perceived limitations in it handling heavier soil loads.
In bonnet cleaning (pad-capping), instead of a non-absorbent scrub pad being used, the bonnets have the ability to actually absorb soils from the carpet, so you get more bulk soil removal as well as the residual encapsulating properties of the solution. It is needed to flip sides or change to new pads as they become "full" with soil, so in effect, there is more soil being "extracted" with this method.
They can also be used in combination.....like straight encapping an entire office, then running over the traffic lanes with absorbent bonnets to remove more soil.

Then there are combo pads made of absorbent materials AND scrub strips that are great for touching up areas after HWE, as well as many other groovy pads to play with.
A lot of different things can be done with that one machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXuEqttmIe8

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Thank You!!! This 175 is gonna be killer. Very much excited. Next big part..... TM baby!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Not to burst anyones bubble,
But you can encap with a 360i Sox, probably find bonnets for it awell. You don't have to run vac and solution too it bud. Swap heads, hook up your hoses and your cleaning tile and grout.

It has a speed control knob homie!

Down side is head size on commercial work.

Chris

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Not to burst anyones bubble,
But you can encap with a 360i Sox, probably find bonnets for it awell. You don't have to run vac and solution too it bud. Swap heads, hook up your hoses and your cleaning tile and grout.

It has a speed control knob homie!

Down side is head size on commercial work.

Chris
Bonnets run easy on a 360i. Very versatile tool.
obamaandhope004.jpg
obamaandhope001.jpg

Reactions: GCCLee

Soxpac

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I,m trying to buy it all in one shot otherwise I'd go with the 360 but the heads are pretty expensive for me right now. I'd love the 360 but I dont think I can pull it off. I could do just the 360 but no tile, brush and bonnet heads

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
get the 175.... 360 is too light for bonnet or anything else along those lines. 175 prescrub kills 360, 360i in cleaning. Prespray, prescrub w 175, steam clean w glided wand groom with open wand and you will never have to buy much in the line of spotters and you will do a killer job that will get referals. Now just think about what and how much you need to carry and how strong you are. Lugging the 175 around all day is a lot of lifting

Reactions: Soxpac

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom