Chrismas tree sap on wool rug?

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Picking up a rug on Monday that has several brown Christmas tree sap stains, the rug was described as machine made, "whitish" color looped wool. I am trying to put together a list of spotters that will work, I would love to use Hel Gel Orange but its not made for wool, rubbing alcohol is a possibility but not sure how effective it will be on old sap...any other suggestions? Any safe solvents?

Thanks

Ron K

Post a Picture and you'll get some help....if not it's agreat place for a Christmas tree. Maybe you can charge Seven Dollars a foot!
Please see Disclaimer on Mumble Post

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Ron K said:
Post a Picture and you'll get some help....if not it's agreat place for a Christmas tree. Maybe you can charge Seven Dollars a foot!
Please see Disclaimer on Mumble Post
I am picking up the rug Monday so I will post a pic then & charging plenty so it has to be done right.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Most citrus solvents are plenty safe for wool, heck most of your oriental rug shampoos or wool safe presprays use some form of citrus solvency. Things to avoid with wool are the highly buffered high pH spotters, oxidizers, and/or very high heat coupled with copious amounts of moisture.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
All dry cleaning solvents will be safe for wool. If the rug is tufted though, the solvent damage will be to the backing. I'd also suggest you start with a gel because it will be easier to rinse than turpentine. Turpentine is a good option after that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom