Church pews and carpet,

steamron

Name
Ron
I'm looking at a Church, they need the carpet done along with the pews, they are bolted to the floor with about maybe 20 inches between each one. The longest being about 12 feet wide and they narrow towards the front to about 8 feet.
There are 45 in total.
There is so much carpet outside of the actual chapel, the lobby is hugh, 22 x 80. Hallways to classrooms, and actual classrooms for daycare.

They say the carpet is at least 15+ years old in some areas.
Looking at Cimexing the hallways, and HWE on the chapel and classrooms.
It can not be done in one or two trips, due to the layout, plus I don't want to get bored after 3 - 4 hours, I need my afternoon break.

Any suggestions or bidding advise?

Thanks

randy

Name
Randy
CIMEX all of it. Oreck orbiter under the pews. If you must hot water extract parts of the building, plan on a quick post encap or use an encap rinse. If it hasn't been cleaned in a while you will have massive wicking from juice spills etc.

The daycare part you might think about a Green clean as a selling point.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If it's been 15years and never cleaned, HWE all of it. If you don't have a drag wand for the big areas, now's the time to get one to save your shoulder and hip. I clean churches all the time and it's no big deal. Just price it like you would any commercial setting

• Wow
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I'm looking at a Church, they need the carpet done along with the pews, they are bolted to the floor with about maybe 20 inches between each one. The longest being about 12 feet wide and they narrow towards the front to about 8 feet.
There are 45 in total.
There is so much carpet outside of the actual chapel, the lobby is hugh, 22 x 80. Hallways to classrooms, and actual classrooms for daycare.

It can not be done in one or two trips, due to the layout, plus I don't want to get bored after 3 - 4 hours, I need my afternoon break.

Thanks
I would hwe extract between and under pews. Once you get to rolling it won’t be a big deal with
a helper. What you can’t get to from back side you get from the front🤷🏼‍♂️ You will make up time with the Cimex, so don’t think about lost time. Kick butt and take names, and write a tithe check to your church. That’s what makes the Kingdom on this side go around, along with Jesus of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I know, but the other dude don’t. You can push a zipper by the way. There was a lot of assuming there. Who said it had never been cleaned? I didn’t read that anywhere!

Last edited by a moderator:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
There are 45 in total.

Thanks

A pmf(swivel) stair tool or something similar will make the church pews much faster than an upholstery tool.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
A pmf(swivel) stair tool or something similar will make the church pews much faster than an upholstery tool.
I tried a stair tool and it don't do anything on the top and bottom lip of the pews. You have to hook up an upholstery tool, and I just figured if I have to use two tools to clean it...it isn't any faster than just an upholstery tool

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom