Cigarette smoke smell removal advice/price

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
A 2310sf house has a bad smoke smell. The carpet has been replaced, counter tops are new, the entire house was painted. I'm sure that the walls weren't cleaned or sealed before they were painted. Everything appears clean, no signs of nicotine on anything. The real estate agent said that the smell is a lot better, but it is still strong.

Everything in the house has to be cleaned again. The interior has to be primed with an oil based sealer like Kilz and painted again. The duct work will be cleaned and fogged with a Smoke Out.

Since the house is vacant an ozone treatment after all the other work is completed will most likely be done.

Does anyone know how to price this kind of work? This isn't something that I do, ever. I thinking about putting in an offer on this house, and I want deduct the cost of the work at full retail value.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The interior has to be primed with an oil based sealer like Kilz and painted again.

can't help with the other stuff..and without looking at the job, we'd be in the neighborhood of $3000-$3500 for the prime seal and paint.

..l.T.A.

Reactions: carpetcleaner

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
put some weed in there ...it will b fine in a day or 6

Yeah....burn a little weed, and the aroma will be like burning leaves on a Fall day!! I also have a client that has a house that was "smoke abused" for 40+ years by the previous owner. Everything has been cleaned, painted, sealed, carpet removed, but just can't kick that cig smoke smell out the house! It is empty and I was thinking of a heavy duty ozon-ing of the house, or at least a hydroxel (??) treatment.

Buck1955

Name
John
Clean everything with some Unsmoke 9D9 added. Ductwork, exhaust fans, walls, ceilings. When dry ozone with the machine near an air return on a ladder with furnace fan on for 24 hours.

Reactions: Willy P

vrvs

Name
Vinnie
Smoking Odors

Being a painting contractor, we run into a lot of rental homes and apartments with pet and tobacco smoke problems. Painting the inside walls will not remove the odors as they are impregnated in the carpet, carpet pads, upholstery and drapes making the home harder to sell or rent, looks good smells bad. If you have to repaint the inside walls add the Air-ReNu additive, works like a charm, no odour, no electricity, no filters. Air-ReNu is a permeant solution for odors and poor indoor air. Something to consider if you have an odour problem

Mike Draper

Chavez told me once to scrape the ceiling and repaint as well as repaint the walls. also clean the vents. The owner of the property did this and the smoke smell was gone. before this, everything else had been tried and didnt work to their satisfaction.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I cleaned and repainted all walls, doors, ceiling, trim. I fogged Smoke Off by Harvard Chemical Research through the duct work. I ran an ozone machine for 24hrs. All smoke smell has been gone since Thanksgiving weekend.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
If you have to repaint the inside walls add the Air-ReNu additive, works like a charm, no odour, no electricity, no filters. Air-ReNu is a permeant solution for odors and poor indoor air. Something to consider if you have an odour problem

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Air-ReNu is a proprietary blend of all-natural minerals; they are inorganic, nontoxic and environmentally safe. These minerals are ground into a fine powder then mixed with paint and when applied to the interior walls of a home or business. Air-ReNu produces a continuous flow of healthy anions and far-infrared rays cleansing the air of impurities and offensive odors".[/FONT]

Tell us more about it, Vin
and are you affiliated with and/or have a financial interest in Air-Renu??
It's OK if you are, I just like to know if you're simply an end user or have $kin the game

Thanks

..L.T.A.

Nathan544

Name
Nathan Koets
We use The Bluebook for C&R... Ozone is priced by the Cubic Foot; 3-5cents/cf. Sealing & painting is at about .50/sf in my area. Ductwork is priced based on the sf of the home + # of registers/returns. I'll have to look that pricing up at the office.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Carola

Name
Carol Abrahamson
Vaportek provides tools that are excellent for eliminating smoke odors in these types of situations. Unique dry vapor technology has been proven in the restoration industry for many years. Environmentally friendly alternative to ozone generators, fogging and chemicals. Molecule pairing technology allows safe treatment of the atmosphere, structure and contents simultaneously--not a mask or cover-up. No need to evacuate the area during treatment. Billing would be similar to ozone treatment; Xactimate codes are CLNDODRM, CLN DODRME and CLN DODRMEM. Recommended for all types of organic odors -- floods, skunks, pet, food, medical, athletic, etc. Thanks for allowing us to share this info!

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I used a product when we bought a camper that had smoke smell in it. Odorxit air quality manager, it gives off chlorine dioxide gas. This stuff worked great.

Nathan544

Name
Nathan Koets
Yes, we use the Vaportek and Vaporshark units when we have an occupied structure. Although it gives off a good smelling odor, its incredibly effective at eliminating odors as well. We charge the same as ozone for the Vaportek. They have a SOS (Smoke Odor Solution) cartridge that is designed for this type of work. We've also had great success with hydroxyl generators. Has the problem been resolved? What pricing do you still need?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom