Cimax production rate? What are actual owners getting per hour?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Might have a 35k building to clean, no way I'm busting out the portys for this... Did it years ago with two portables and a cousin, two nights. Sucked!

Anyways, those that use a cimex often, what would it/you avg per hour?

How long does the tank last(2-3 gallons?). Assuming I used an avg encap product.

Do distys rent them? If so, how much?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
i believe the correct spelling is Climax.

Use Grooms solution encap from Bridgepoint , cheap at around $20 a gallon

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
figger 2k sf/hr and you'll be fine!!!

2k? Darn right I'll be fine!

It's one of these 15 million dollar librarys that's the new rage. I will say, it's ALWAYS busy so at least people are using it.

So not many cubicles/super tight areas. Pretty open, just LOTS of isles and open areas.
Upstairs is about 11k, downstairs is 25k+.... It's a lot of work!

It's cgd and in good condition, the most time consuming part will be picking up staples, paper clips and vacuuming in the small tight spots(dusty areas) next to book shelves etc...
However, if a cimex can do 2k an hour:rockon: I could(not going to) do the upstairs by myself!

It's one of those jobs that's kinda too big, but ya kinda want it for the dough....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I do a large corporate building regularly, here's the conversion of what I average with cubicles & open areas.

Converting...
150 Square Meters into Square Feet
Result:

They do all the vacuuming prior to me coming in, bins a plastic mats are put up, chairs I move, anything else, I go around.

Carpeted cleaning area is about 30,000square feet.

I do it in two days on my own.

Been doing this for 10-11 years now.

:yoda:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Production rates .....maybe 2000 sf an hour, office setting. This isn't a work-alone machine. Nobody ever mentions that someone has to prepare the encap juice. That takes some time, if you don't have a janitors closet with a decent sink to fill in. I use 2 1/2 gallon Hardball jugs to mix encap in. To keep that Cimex always moving and cleaning, someone gotta get the juice! Releasit D2 is fairly cost effective, mixing at 4 ounces per gallon.

I'm heading out at 1:00 pm to clean a 10,000 sf office, 8th floor, and you know we're using the Cimex! Should be a 5 hour job.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use these 6-gallon containers we bought at Walmart. We will bring 5-6 of them to start a job along with a handled cart.

Bring the initial water allows them to get started right away and then one tech is in charge of keeping everyone supplied. He goes to the mop sink and refills and mixes and then delivers to all operators.

Jugs2.jpg

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Open and funnel areas 2-3k
Cubicals and office 800-1200

Entry ways, lunch rooms maybe a little slower but most of the rest of the carpet moves fairly easy.

Richard nailed it.

For us 2K is a pretty consistent average across the board. We will dip as low as 1K in tight/congested areas or in sections with heavier soiled carpet. In lighter soiled open sections of carpet we will extend to 3K or even a bit higher. So the normal window for cleaning for us is 2K - 3K (but we also like to hustle). Of course, you could clean at 500 sq ft per hr too - if you're arthritic ;).

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
... the most time consuming part will be picking up staples, paper clips and vacuuming in the small tight spots(dusty areas) next to book shelves etc...
Look into a quality back pack vacuum.

Steve

PS Listen to Robert. True, one man can run the machine and put down the solution. But between furniture moving, spotting, mixing and running solution along with catching all those dusty corners your helper will be running the whole time.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom