cimex/175 adapter

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I do not own a Cimex but my question about the adapter is this. The Cimex I believes carries most of the weight of the machine on the wheels, correct? So how will the extra weight of the 175 affect the new adapter? I am very interested in this adapter, the next question, HOW MUCH?

F

FB7777

The list was $695 for the adapter

In addition to the three counter rotating heads it has a rounded stationary plastic piece in the center that is there to prevent too much downward pressure from the weight of the machine

I ran it for a few minutes... it handles equally to bonneting with a rotary IMO

Not nearly as easily as a large wheeled Cimex but you can't compare the operation of these two types of machines anyways

I demoed it and it actually provided double the agitation of the cimex because it spins faster. It was definetely cool.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
DSCF3423.jpg

DSCF3398.jpg

lonewolf

I bought 1 of them.
Used it today on a job.
I thought it worked great.
The job payed for it already.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
lonewolf said:
I bought 1 of them.
Used it today on a job.
I thought it worked great.
The job payed for it already.
Jo, Do you normally use the Cimex. If so how easy is it to use compared to the Mex and what was the production rate like?

lonewolf

I used a buddy's cimex on a couple of jobs. I thought it was ok, but it was heavy.
I did like the end result though.
We did some apartment hallways yesterday. I was amazed how easy and quick it worked.
I can easily pick up the 175 machine in and out of van. Put on block and go. I've used scrubbers for years, so I'm very comfortable using them.
On each truck we keep a 175. Now the 175 becomes even more versatile, scrubbing, stripping, bonnet or encapping. So it was an easy decision.
The show special was $595.
We were averaging around 1000' per hour yesterday.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
correct me if i'm wrong, but faster does not equate to being more aggressive. that's what i was taught about floor machines.

was i fooled?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Derek said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but faster does not equate to being more aggressive. that's what i was taught about floor machines.

was i fooled?

It spun faster on the rotary compared to the Cimex spinning action, probably twice as fast. Not sure about the aggressiveness you'd have to ask Rick on that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom