Cimex or OP?...

Name
Jeff T
I'm in the building stage of my company. I primarily am a HWE guy. I've recently realized I'm leaving ALOT of Money on the floor by not offering different options/processes to my customers. I've done encap with a CRB, and know there is a Better way. So, for versatility, and speed, which machine?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I bought the used Sprayborg and although it may not be quite as fast as a cimex, you can use it exactly the same way. I bought it for the same reason as you. So far, it has worked great. I have some areas not accessible to a TM and not suitable for a portable. You can use absorbent pads or synthetic pads.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I bought the used Sprayborg and although it may not be quite as fast as a cimex, you can use it exactly the same way. I bought it for the same reason as you. So far, it has worked great. I have some areas not accessible to a TM and not suitable for a portable. You can use absorbent pads or synthetic pads.

So your liking the Jiggler so far??

Can't wait to get mine and pay with it.

Reactions: EDS

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
OP is far more versatile. Can be used in commercial setting and home as well as for spot work or removing browning or yellowing.

In comparison to the Cimex the OP machines are about finesse. The Cimex is brute strength and production, strictly a commercial machine.

So which is better? Depends on your needs.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Some of the places where I want to use the Sprayborg are: a retail shoe store in a mall, can't get to it with the truck mount and they only have a 5 gallon hot water tank, making portable work a real chore. Just over 4000 sqft for $1,000.00 I can't see it taking me more than 4 hours. I am also looking at some seniors residences. Less chance of a slip and fall. I used it on a 5 story condo building where I usually use the Truck mount. The truck takes me almost 3 hours because of the complicated and long set up. The Sprayborg took 1 1/2 hours and did an incredible job. There was serious soiling around the elevator and some suite entries. The Sprayborg scrubbed and evened everything out so that the entire area looked clean. I used just the synthetic pad with 50/50 mix of Vacaways's Shatter and Hotknife. If you want to be more serious about removing more soil, you can always go back over the area with the terry cloth pads.

Name
Jeff T
You didn't happen to buy it off Jason did you?.... I kinda was a day late, and a dollar short on that one...

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
My Cimex has been awesome. It's heavy and awkward to load/unload but once it's on the floor it just dominates commercial carpet. The big wheel kit has made it pretty maneuverable too.

That being said, I bet I'd like the Orbot better in a lot of my commercial situations. I clean a lot of medical clinics. Some of them have almost 20 exam rooms and a handful of offices. The OP would probably get in and out of those smaller areas more efficiently than the cumbersome Cimex. In cases where I can basically mow the carpet like a lawnmower, long strips up and back, the Cimex is incredibly productive.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
OP is far more versatile. Can be used in commercial setting and home as well as for spot work or removing browning or yellowing.

In comparison to the Cimex the OP machines are about finesse. The Cimex is brute strength and production, strictly a commercial machine.

So which is better? Depends on your needs.

Chavez nailed it!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
He also could just get a floor machine for now and save the 3k!

That being said, I bet I'd like the Orbot better in a lot of my commercial situations. I clean a lot of medical clinics. Some of them have almost 20 exam rooms and a handful of offices. The OP would probably get in and out of those smaller areas more efficiently than the cumbersome Cimex.

That's good info... Everyone assumes the cimex is best for commercial, but I have to agree w/Russ. Very rarely to I get a nice wide open(or empty) area to clean.

Reactions: Russ T. and hogjowl

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
neither…one is a hernia waiting to happen and both are over priced.

Get a 15" and/or 20" 175 machine and save money. The job will turn out just the same with the right pads.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Mikey P

Administrator
Just make sure your OP pad driver is not equipped with the proprietary Scrub Bolts

FB_IMG_1487494745599.jpg

1000 times more aggitative in four ways....:eekk:

Name
Jeff T
He also could just get a floor machine for now and save the 3k!

That's good info... Everyone assumes the cimex is best for commercial, but I have to agree w/Russ. Very rarely to I get a nice wide open(or empty) area to clean.
I've got a General 17" 175...... Does an OP really do anything different? Instead of just spinning, it 'jiggles' as it spins...... Kinda like the jolly fat girl........

Reactions: Jimmy L

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Had a OP machine and mikey is right it doesn't spin it just jiggles in one place.

Mikey P

Administrator
If you buy an OPS machine, purchase one from a company that understands it's true function.

Not a fad chaser who thinks it's OK to have bold heads sticking out from the bottom of the pad driver..

Boggles my mind how Mytee can stay in business.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt
Name
Jeff T
If you buy an OPS machine, purchase one from a company that understands it's true function.

Not a fad chaser who thinks it's OK to have bold heads sticking out from the bottom of the pad driver..

Boggles my mind how Mytee can stay in business.
The Minimax from Bonnetpro looks like an awesome machine. Anyone got one?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've got a General 17" 175...... Does an OP really do anything different? Instead of just spinning, it 'jiggles' as it spins...... Kinda like the jolly fat girl........
I have a couple of 175's as well and have used them for bonnet cleaning. The difference is that the 175 is a swing machine, meaning you swing it from side to side, keeping your balance with the handle. It works great but is slow. The Op machine keeps its wheels on the floor, the head levels out over the carpet and the rotary motion combined with the oscillating motion keeps the machine in one place for the most part. Instead of swinging from side to side, you just push back and forth like a lawn mower. Much easier to use and faster than a 175'. With the spray jets on the Sprayborg or the Vibe, it is very easy to control the amount of solution.

Name
Jeff T
Yes, we have one.

@MR CLEAN really likes it. What else to you want to know about it?
Well, Cimex, Trinity, Orbot, or Minimax. Keep in mind that I don't do almost any large, open area com. I also do already own a 17" 175...... I don't just want to double up on gear I already have. The Minimax looks like an awesome piece of gear. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's Not an orbital, is it? I do lots of smaller com. jobs with multiple offices, and lots of work kiosks. What's THE most versatile machine out there.....????? ANYONE feel free to chime in.

Reactions: Russ T.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A 175 is the most versatile. Strip floors, bonnet, shampoo with brush, encap with a pad. Shower feed or spray and encap.

It is however the most difficult to train a rookie how to run.

Much like a stick shift vs automatic transmission. Its easy if you know how but takes a new driver time to get used to the clutch. Wheels down machines are like automatics. Anyone can use them with little training.

Name
Jeff T
A 175 is the most versatile. Strip floors, bonnet, shampoo with brush, encap with a pad. Shower feed or spray and encap.

It is however the most difficult to train a rookie how to run.

Much like a stick shift vs automatic transmission. Its easy if you know how but takes a new driver time to get used to the clutch. Wheels down machines are like automatics. Anyone can use them with little training.
It's not so much for my learning curve.... It's the part timers I'm concerned about. I want something that's super easy to use, VERY effective, and versatile. Ya know, IDIOT proof...... But still VERY productive.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom