Cimex or OP?...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's not so much for my learning curve.... It's the part timers I'm concerned about. I want something that's super easy to use, VERY effective, and versatile. Ya know, IDIOT proof...... But still VERY productive.....
The easiest thing to use and train someone on would be a Cimex or a Op machine. Like you I am primarily a hwe guy. Mainly truck mount and I do have a large capacity high performance portable. Still, there jobs where neither machine is appropriate. I have an optical store in a mall, again with just a 5 gallon hot water tank. Last time I cleaned it, I used my Brush pro. Did a great job. I prevacced first, used an encap product from Bridgepoint and it came up great. The manager was impressed. The only problem I have with the Brush pro and similar machines, is that they eventually start spitting out dirt and debris. You have to go back over those area and vacuum that up. Awful looking thing if the customer is watching. With the op system, so far that hasn't been a problem. The Sprayborg is easy to control and you can spray as much or as little as you need with the thumb controlled sprayer. I will use the Sprayborg mainly in areas where a truck or portable is not practical. Also a safer system to use in senior residences or nursing homes. Adjacent floors not as slippery for as long, if you had to prespray for a hwe system. You can probably get by with your 175 if you are not doing large areas. Good to get your feet wet with that before you commit to an expensive machine, you're not sure of. Pick up some good encap product, a drive pad and some white or beige pads and go to town on some of your commercial jobs and see what kind of results you get.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I've got a General 17" 175...... Does an OP really do anything different? Instead of just spinning, it 'jiggles' as it spins...... Kinda like the jolly fat girl........

Same cleaning.

Those other machines might be a hair faster, but truly in the hands of the experience, not much difference to justify spending an extra 2k.

I like those other machines. Very nice bells and whistles. Especially the spray bars. Like to have one myself self but already have a few 175 and 300 that cleans just the same.

Btw I have a Challenger OP Machine sitting in the garage. Barley used. Comes with all the disk and pads. I'll even autograph it for free. Anyone wants its hit me up. «LET'S MAKE A DEAL»

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Well, Cimex, Trinity, Orbot, or Minimax. Keep in mind that I don't do almost any large, open area com. I also do already own a 17" 175...... I don't just want to double up on gear I already have. The Minimax looks like an awesome piece of gear. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's Not an orbital, is it? I do lots of smaller com. jobs with multiple offices, and lots of work kiosks. What's THE most versatile machine out there.....????? ANYONE feel free to chime in.
It sounds like the Orbot would be ideal for you.

Any reason you don't like that idea?

It seems like a pretty clear choice from where I'm sitting.

The Cimex is so simple to use but you said most commercial is small without huge open spaces.

Get the Orbot man. The price is right, if that promo is still happening.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care
Name
Jeff T
It sounds like the Orbot would be ideal for you.

Any reason you don't like that idea?

It seems like a pretty clear choice from where I'm sitting.

The Cimex is so simple to use but you said most commercial is small without huge open spaces.

Get the Orbot man. The price is right, if that promo is still happening.
It's not that I don't like the idea of an OP...... I am spending 12-14000 on new toys in the next 1-2 months.... Just wondering which 'spinny thingy' to get(my wife's words)....... I've got in line with a new owners group, and they have asked if I am able to do it all..... They own golf courses, care facilities, strip malls, apt. buildings, etc.... I told them whatever type of cleaning they need, I will provide......

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
On 300 speed I can push my buffer straight or side to side.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's not that I don't like the idea of an OP...... I am spending 12-14000 on new toys in the next 1-2 months.... Just wondering which 'spinny thingy' to get(my wife's words)....... I've got in line with a new owners group, and they have asked if I am able to do it all..... They own golf courses, care facilities, strip malls, apt. buildings, etc.... I told them whatever type of cleaning they need, I will provide......
Get the both. You'll need them both if you're trying go after the commercial market. Zipper those you can reach. Cimex those you can't and OP those that need super fast drying.

Reactions: Russ T.
Name
Jeff T
Get the both. You'll need them both if you're trying go after the commercial market. Zipper those you can reach. Cimex those you can't and OP those that need super fast drying.
I've got to spread out the spending. I'm looking into unrelated tools aswell. they have requested specialized cleaning. I've got a lot more homework to do........

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You don't need any of them. Just get the work, start making money then decide which will help you be more productive.

Used is another option but finding a used Zipper, Orbot or Cimex is rare.

Name
Jeff T
You don't need any of them. Just get the work, start making money then decide which will help you be more productive.

Used is another option but finding a used Zipper, Orbot or Cimex is rare.
They kinda 'tried me out' last year on one of their golf courses. It's was just north of 10k in 2016. If they ask if I can do something, I say 'most certainly'. They are have another contract coming up, that's will give an additional 10-12k for the year. They say jump, I say how high.......

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Any of those 3 tools will cut down on wand slinging time. Unfortunately they come at a price. Pick the one that best serves you at the moment. Eventually you will need them all.

Name
Jeff T
I've had to say no to them a fair bit lately, as I am not equipped to serve all their cleaning needs. They brought me in last week, and asked if they 'can count on me'..... It was a wake up call. Either stay HWE, or learn new tools/methods. I don't want to be a one trick pony.....

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
People say that the Cimex is awkward in tight places, I disagree.

You just have to learn how to use the machine to it's best capabilities.

I can get, & use, the Cimex in places where I cannot use the Sprayborg, & would never even try with a rotary machine.

I prefer the Cimex over my Sprayborg because the solution is not atomized into the air for me to ingest, the Cimex is a drip feed onto the pads or brushes.

I also find that I can lower the solution tank to get under desks and go further to the back with the Cimex than I can with the Sprayborg, due to the small, but mounted high, solution bottle on the Sprayborg.

I use more solution with the Cimex (not much more), than I do with the Sprayborg, but I have less re-fill times due to the tank being three times larger.
Time is money, I use the same solution in both machines.

Lowering the height of the machine is so much easier with the Cimex, but if you carry the machine in a low roof vehicle, the Sprayborg has the handle that drops right down.

With my van, I can have the Cimex handle standing upright & wheel it straight into the van.
With the Sprayborg, I have to adjust the handle down lower, wheel it in, then raise the handle again.

Again, basically, using ramps to move either machines is extremely easy & definitely NOT back breaking.
Work smarter, not harder.

If I have areas that are extremely soiled or need to be dry quickly, I use the Cimex followed up by the Sprayborg for more soil removal & drying.
If you only have a Sprayborg, then you would do the same, but with different bonnets.

Basically, it's horses for courses and look after your health.

Re the 175's....... I would NEVER put a newbie on one of those or you may end up with property damage.
Since giving up my 175's, my back and leg pains have all but gone.
I did use 175, 400 & 1500rpm machines for over 20 years.

I have my own Big Wheels on the Cimex which are pneumatic tired, & find this much easier on both the machine & my body to take up or down stairs.
Being air filled, the tires act as shock absorbers.
This also tends to make it easier for a young bloke like myself who can still take it up four flights of stairs when needed.

On the other hand, my Sprayborg with it's semi-hard tires, tends to jar both the machine & myself, especially if you go a bit fast. :eekk:

Ultimately, it's up to what YOU find best both for the work you need the machine for, & how it (& the solutions), will treat not only yourself, but also those people nearby.

:yoda:

Name
Jeff T
People say that the Cimex is awkward in tight places, I disagree.

You just have to learn how to use the machine to it's best capabilities.

I can get, & use, the Cimex in places where I cannot use the Sprayborg, & would never even try with a rotary machine.

I prefer the Cimex over my Sprayborg because the solution is not atomized into the air for me to ingest, the Cimex is a drip feed onto the pads or brushes.

I also find that I can lower the solution tank to get under desks and go further to the back with the Cimex than I can with the Sprayborg, due to the small, but mounted high, solution bottle on the Sprayborg.

I use more solution with the Cimex (not much more), than I do with the Sprayborg, but I have less re-fill times due to the tank being three times larger.
Time is money, I use the same solution in both machines.

Lowering the height of the machine is so much easier with the Cimex, but if you carry the machine in a low roof vehicle, the Sprayborg has the handle that drops right down.

With my van, I can have the Cimex handle standing upright & wheel it straight into the van.
With the Sprayborg, I have to adjust the handle down lower, wheel it in, then raise the handle again.

Again, basically, using ramps to move either machines is extremely easy & definitely NOT back breaking.
Work smarter, not harder.

If I have areas that are extremely soiled or need to be dry quickly, I use the Cimex followed up by the Sprayborg for more soil removal & drying.
If you only have a Sprayborg, then you would do the same, but with different bonnets.

Basically, it's horses for courses and look after your health.

Re the 175's....... I would NEVER put a newbie on one of those or you may end up with property damage.
Since giving up my 175's, my back and leg pains have all but gone.
I did use 175, 400 & 1500rpm machines for over 20 years.

I have my own Big Wheels on the Cimex which are pneumatic tired, & find this much easier on both the machine & my body to take up or down stairs.
Being air filled, the tires act as shock absorbers.
This also tends to make it easier for a young bloke like myself who can still take it up four flights of stairs when needed.

On the other hand, my Sprayborg with it's semi-hard tires, tends to jar both the machine & myself, especially if you go a bit fast. :eekk:

Ultimately, it's up to what YOU find best both for the work you need the machine for, & how it (& the solutions), will treat not only yourself, but also those people nearby.
Shorty, you are not making the decision any easier.... Good post....
:yoda:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Shorty just made me glad I chose a Cimex!

I agree with Chavez, if you're doing that kind of commercial work then you will be able to justify all of them eventually.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom