Cimex

randy

Name
Randy
Mike , I have a few of both and the GLS type machines (that I have used for years) pull a lot more grime out of the carpet and lift the pile. The much acclaimed, heavy as a tank, and overpriced CiMEX is essentially a grinder.

Brush & clean & Whittaker make a huge marketing mistake by selling their unit with the blue brush (with out ever asking what you will be cleaning with it). There are much better brushes for commercial.

Stevie b, I was even more opinionated than you at the 7 year mark, hated anything but truck mounted HWE. Lost hundreds of thousands of dollars attempting to bid commercial accounts with HWE,when the majority of that market will not pay for HWE. Today we are almost all commercial and I sold both truck mounts off several years ago. Don't kid yourself residential carpet cleaning at say .45 a square ft is less profitable than commercial (which is sometimes as low as .10 per square ft on large jobs). If you haven't figured that out, it's costing you big time. Grow up and think a little, and yes profitability MAKES ALL BUSINESS DECISIONS.

G

Thanks guys for showing me how narrow minded and uneducated I was about encap. Now that I have a better understanding of it,I think I will sell my equipment and change the name of my business from
SteamCraft to EncapCraft.
No big deal.

So let me see...
Yes Ma'am," the dirt turns into deposit slips".

Dion R

I think I'll start a thread called "HWE Suckas" because encapping a cgd is effective therefore all HWE is junk. I hope my sarcasm is oozing down your monitor.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Randy, what brushes are you talking about for commercial?

What are the better brushes for the GLS than the blue?

Al

Dry time question

For those that leave the carpets wet for several hours after cleaning.

How do you get the dirty water to go to the truck and the clean water to stay in the carpet???

G

Got out my calculator,slide rule,and compass,still couldn't figure it out.
Wasn't about to be the first to say so though, I didn't want some lap dog rookie trying to correct me.

Mark Azevedo

I was comparing a cimex to a 500.00 175 rotary with a solution tank and a 17 inch white fiber buffing pad under your driver brush, using an encap chem. Please dont take offense I just dont think 3 little pads turning the opposite direction would be more productive or deliver better quality. The cimex sure is purdy though. Maybe I am wrong, 3 small fiber pads spinning in opposite directions vs. one 17 inch fiber pad spinning in the same. That is the only real difference and that will be the only debate. sorry

steve r

a rotary machine cleans in 4 directions. at the front of machine its turning
right, at the bottom its left, at the right side its back towards you and the left side is moving away from you, always! a cimex does scrub more due in part to higher rpms so you might be able to go over it faster. and yes it is shampoo but it does not leave a sticky residue if using good products.it can also coat fibers so when dry it will not resoil as quick. my understanding is some cgd carpet will still need hwe at some point depending on traffic and other factors..

what al is saying is for every gallon of water left in carpet it is as dirty as the water you dump. however, the prespray lifts the dirt to the surface where it can be flushed more easily leaving only clean water behind.
so they say.

a friend of mine who runs a prochem 405 recently discovered encapping
and says he'll never hwe cg again. he said it (looked) cleaner but doesnt blossom the way hwe does, but its sssooooo much faster and cost less to operate.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Mark, ever ran a cimex???....

because by the time you have run that rotary on ohhh i dunno 3k having to swing back and forth, fighting with it, not relaxing cuz you could whack a fixture, desk or something else...

and then run a cimex for the same time...thinking to yourself...."damn i am an idiot, i shoulda bought this yrs ago"

I know i did it..

as far as cleaning with how the brushes spin...know this....

it twists the carpet in the same direction...cimex doesnt, hits all sides and wont cause a possible "pattern distortion"

Al

Yeah, That's what i was saying....i think?

I was talking with a friend from Service Master, she was inquiring about my dry times. She just tells people they will be dry the following day.

She is way out of the loop and continues to clean with caveman tactics.

She made a comment about my dry times and I asked her how she got the dirty water to go to the truck and the clean water to stay in the carpet.

I thought it was a good question? :roll:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Mark you said...

I was comparing a cimex to a 500.00 175 rotary with a solution tank and a 17 inch white fiber buffing pad under your driver brush, using an encap chem. Please dont take offense I just dont think 3 little pads turning the opposite direction would be more productive or deliver better quality. The cimex sure is purdy though. Maybe I am wrong, 3 small fiber pads spinning in opposite directions vs. one 17 inch fiber pad spinning in the same. That is the only real difference and that will be the only debate. sorry

With a rotary machine - the pad is turning counter-clockwise. With a Cimex - as the drive deck turns counter-clockwise, the 3 pads are spinning clockwise. So you are actually scrubbing LEFT and RIGHT at the same time.

spin%5B1%5D.gif

The planetary action of the Cimex eliminates the possibility of "tip bloom". It also scrubs more efficiently than a rotary. It is easier to operate than a rotary. And it is safer to operate than a rotary.

If you do some simple logic on it you'll find that a rotary is no match. A typical rotary machine has 1 head turning at 175 rpm's per pass. A Cimex has 3 heads spinning at 400 rpm's per pass. So the Cimex has 3 times as many cleaning heads scrubbing more than twice as fast on each pass. That amounts to a 6 times increase in performance. Then add to that the fact that the Cimex scrubs in two directions at the same time, and you can see why so many people prefer it to a rotary machine.

I hope this helps to answer your question.

Al

Yeah.... see Nephew,

That's why the big job you used my "Mex" on came out so sweet

why argue?

Mark Azevedo

I liked it, its awsome but I cant afford it, guess Im tryin to get the most out of my 175, I ordered a universal solution tank and some white pads today.

Mark Azevedo

encapman said:
Mark you said...

With a rotary machine - the pad is turning counter-clockwise. With a Cimex - as the drive deck turns counter-clockwise, the 3 pads are spinning clockwise. So you are actually scrubbing LEFT and RIGHT at the same time.

spin%5B1%5D.gif

The planetary action of the Cimex eliminates the possibility of "tip bloom". It also scrubs more efficiently than a rotary. It is easier to operate than a rotary. And it is safer to operate than a rotary.

If you do some simple logic on it you'll find that a rotary is no match. A typical rotary machine has 1 head turning at 175 rpm's per pass. A Cimex has 3 heads spinning at 400 rpm's per pass. So the Cimex has 3 times as many cleaning heads scrubbing more than twice as fast on each pass. That amounts to a 6 times increase in performance. Then add to that the fact that the Cimex scrubs in two directions at the same time, and you can see why so many people prefer it to a rotary machine.

I hope this helps to answer your question.

good job encap man, do you o.p. any residentials .

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Mark asked...
do you o.p. any residentials

Our cleaning business is "commercial only". It has been that way since 1982, except for a brief spell in the late 90's when we went into residential for a couple of years. After giving residential a go, we dropped it and remained with commercial only. Commercial just fits our business well and we like it.

DRScrivner

Mark,

I use my Cimex and Fiber Plus pads on Olefin Berbers in residential.

I have also Cimexed and/or used my Sprint to encap in some apartments that I have "accidentally" picked up. They want to pay $29 for HWE and they get CRAPPY results (not me)- go figure right....hmmmm wonder why.

They call me and I encap with my Sprint for $69 on cut pile (1 bedroom apartment). I have talked to them, they understand the differences between HWE and encap. I don't do all their work, but they do call me to correct the HWE's guys work several times a month. I encap it and it comes out better.

Is encap the QUALITY answer for trashed apartment (or any cut pile)- USUALLY not, but hey they are educated and THEY choose, then I encap.

DRScrivner

Oh yeah and since I'm a straight shooter don't say sorry, cause you're not. If you think it did not sound right you are entitled to your opinion. But I will be MORE then happy to clarify anything for you.

DRScrivner

Mike,

Would you HWE it for $29? And if you did would it be the same quality that you would do for a nice residence that is paying you $450?

steve r

kids could do a lot worse than a dirty carpet. how about the sandbox, or the ocean for that matter. clean carpets are merely a matter of opinion. if it looks clean it must be clean.make the customer happy.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have a minimum charge of $125 within a five mile radius.

If siad apartment is close by I'll HWE 250 feet of it for that price.

And do a hell of a job too.

DRScrivner

So then they are not supposed to clean at all then since they are either unwilling or unable to pay $125 per apartment?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom