Citrasolv question

F

FB7777

we use Flex powder with citrasolv

Not all that pleased with the fragrance compared to the combination of Liquid version of Flex and citrasolv booster

We add a few ounces of citrasolv when we use the powder version of Flex to improve the fragrance but still not as pleasant as the liquid version

Any ideas why the two versions differ ?

The powder version fragrance reminds me of the less expensive D-Limonene booster versions on the market

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
we use Flex powder with citrasolv
Not all that pleased with the fragrance compared to the combination of Liquid version of Flex and citrasolv booster
We add a few ounces of citrasolv when we use the powder version of Flex to improve the fragrance but still not as pleasant as the liquid version
Any ideas why the two versions differ ?
The powder version fragrance reminds me of the less expensive D-Limonene booster versions on the market

Less expensive versions of Citrus solvents are usually diluted with solvents that don't smell as good.

In our PowerMax powder we still only use actual d=Limonene as our solvent.
We do add a fragrance which we think improves the customer perception during the cleaning.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=1150

Reactions: Jimmy L

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Powders can only hold a certain amount of liquid. As one gets closer to that limit, it become more likely that the powder will get clump, lumpy, hard as a brick or however you want to describe it. THios happens as the powder absorbs additional moisture from the air.

The Flex Powder has somewhat less d'limonene becasue of the limitations of how much liquid you can put into a powder and keep it from clumping. There are other powder cleaning agents added to compnesate, but the fragrance will be a little different.

F

FB7777

Thanks for the explanation Scott

We've simply taken to boosting the powder with Citrasolv mostly for fragrance

Having seen any adverse effect such as gelling . It separates but that's an easy fix with a shake of the HF

FredC

Village Idiot
I hated to have to stop using PM, but the smell was annoying.
Powermax works ok but I never got a citrus scent from it. It smelled more like a place that had a serious roach infestation.

but maybe I just got a buckets without dlime..............I heard he has issues with consistency

not to mention the shameless link dropping bs

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Seems like most on this board use powder prespray and liquid through their equipment.
I do just the opposite. Maybe has something to do with equipment. My 8 gallon mix tank fills with hot water with the turn of a lever so powder is an easy mix, especially so due to the whole top being a lid. No in line sprayer plugging using a liquid prespray. Just pour it in.

F

FB7777

Stopped using powder rinses, found them clogging my lines filters and fittings

Use both powder and liquid in HF sprayers

No clogging issues, perhaps cause I use different chems through them

F

FB7777

It's really not all that bad. It's no better and no worse than anything else. I just got tired of the smell.

Stop being a grumpy Yankee.
" no better and no worse"

In Yankee country we refer to that as " average"

I prefer above average everything

Tom Forsythe

Fragrances including d'limonene diminish more with time in powders than liquids. The cleaning action of the d'limonene is not diminished. Add 1 ounce of Citrus Solv to Flex Powder at 1 to 32 adds several times more d'limonene to the ready to use brew. We only use Food Grade d'limonene and pay a premium for the best.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My guys like cobbs it's not always the end all for everything but that's why we carry firestorm or flex for real nasties.

I dont think doing every carpet with the highest ph is always good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom