Citrus Boosters

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
I'm starting to break away from just using Prochem's stuff. I've been using Prochem's Citrus Pro as a booster for my pre spray but I'm looking at other options. I know that every manufacturer has something like it in their line of chemicals. Some of them are a better deal than others. I think Citrus Pro might be one of the more expensive ones.
So my question is, are they pretty much all the same or is one better than the others. Are the more expensive ones worth the extra money?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Roxy, how often are you boosting your pre-spray with citrus turpenes ?

if often enough that price is a big concern, you need a new/better pre-spray , not more/cheaper D'limonene

..L.T.A.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Well, I've developed a habit of always adding it to my pre spray unless it's Olefin but a few weeks ago I did a roofing company and all the offices were coated in a thin layer of tar, so I added citrus on that, even though it was olefin carpet and ( correct me if I'm wrong) citrus booster is not always good for it, right? The job turned out great.
Anyway, maybe I'm overusing it. I'm still relatively inexperienced and maybe I don't need to add it all the time. But other than cost, is there a downside?
I've been getting great results. I recently switched from Ultrapac pre spray to Chemeister Grease Eraser and I am very happy with it. The have a citrus product called Gumolene that they recommend as a booster.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
gimmeagig said:
I'm still relatively inexperienced and maybe I don't need to add it all the time. But other than cost, is there a downside?

residue in the biggie.
d'limes typically don't rinse so well

who told you not to use d'lime on olefin??
and for what reason?

you can't HURT olefin ..it's plastic

..L.T.A.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Diane at LPM Supply in Spokane told me. She said it would gum it up too much.She used to have a multi truck business so I figured she would know. Is she wrong?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
gimmeagig said:
Diane at LPM Supply in Spokane told me. She said it would gum it up too much.She used to have a multi truck business so I figured she would know. Is she wrong?

know why she "gummed it up"??

cause she didn't rinse it out
D'lime isn't free rinsing and what's left in/on the carpet is a gummy residue

D'imonene is a very good cleaner and smells nice too (most of 'em) but it just doesn't rinse so well.
More flushing is required

.L.T.A.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Magic wands citrapure is the best I have ever used its seems expensive but its concentrated try it

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I've been using a Chemeister acid rinse called Action Extraction and it leaves the carpets really soft and with much less of a residue than All Fiber Deep Rise ( don't use it very often anymore) or Liquid Slurry, which I'm still using for really dirty jobs. I'm pretty thorough on rinsing.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have been testing a citric booster that Scott Warrington sent me....

It has a pine smell to it.....and has cut thru everything that I have used it on....

Mix 1 oz per gallon in your regular pre-spray....

good stuff...

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
an acid rinse is great at neutralizing high pH presprays but not so great at removing oils. Thats where the heat and flow come in.
When I'm cleaning restaurants I don't use an acid rinse but rather I use an emulsifier rinse, not very strong but just enough to cut the citrus and oils out of the carpet.

I had a wonderful trial of a citrus but they didn't go ahead with production because the d'lim price quadrupled. Man was that stuff good!! It was liquid and dissolved right away. Oh well.

Citrapure is good, comes in a powder. Just a little challenging to get into solution.

Don't typically need a citrus booster on every job, its more for cutting oils. SHould work even better on olefin since the oils are harder to break off. Just rinse well.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Roxy;

There are generally 2 types of Citrus Solvent on the market.

One type has a surfactant to help mix the normally insoluble citrus d-Limonene with water.

The second type is the type we prefer.

It is 100% d-Limonene solvent (less residue, more active solvent) :

http://ccs5.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=1044

Any good prespray should keep it in solution.

It has been more expensive lately, but is gradually coming down in price.

Larry

PCCN

gimmeagig said:
Hi,
I'm starting to break away from just using Prochem's stuff. I've been using Prochem's Citrus Pro as a booster for my pre spray but I'm looking at other options. I know that every manufacturer has something like it in their line of chemicals. Some of them are a better deal than others. I think Citrus Pro might be one of the more expensive ones.
So my question is, are they pretty much all the same or is one better than the others. Are the more expensive ones worth the extra money?

Started out cleaning nasty, funky restaurants here. HAD to use citrus products then. I learned that all I had to do ws contact the local wholesale chemical supplier and started buying straight delimonene by the 5 gallon pail. It originally cost about $95 but in recent months has jumped to about $150. Still a much better buy than ANY of the major supplies prices. You don't use nearly the amouth of thier because this is the straight stuff without the dilution or additives. Check out your local chemical supplier.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I use cobbs stuff. As he said it is pure citrus solvent. He sells it for 32.95 a gallow which is on only $165 for 5 gallons. Most citrus products have emulsifiers in them to help dilute with water. However unless your using it straitght, the pre spray mixture already has emulsifiers in it and it mixes just fine.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
olefin carpets attract oil so you should use citrus on that moreso than the others? how much citrus are you mixing? when I boost its usualy only an ounceore 2 per hydraforce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom