Clean tank water pump/expansion tank??

Name
R.J. Povio
Just curious we have a BlueLine Champ TM. We have a 55 gallon drum for our clean water supply/tank. The water is then pumped from the 55gal drum to the "hot box". The transfer pump is low pressure (35-40psi) however it supplies about 3.5-4.0gallons/minute. Alongside the transfer pump is a sky blue Expansion tank(brand name on both the pump and expansion tank are FLO-JET). I was just wondering if I have a simimlar TM that I want to set up if I really need that Expansion tank? These transfer pumps are demand pumps so when a valve or in this case the float in the hot box lowers it triggers the transfer pump to start pumping water into the hot box.

I can get a transfer pump for 150-175 bucks. If you add the expansion tank your talking over 300+ bucks total. It just seems like you really do not need the expansion tank. Any feed back would be great. Thanks!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
We sell the AP08 20-1 over the $400 flo-jet. The AP08 is only $118. You will have to replace the pressure switch every 18'months or so but it is $17 and for $300 you can replaceis lot of pressure switches. Call me and I'll be happy to talk with you about all the pro's and cons and you can decide for yourself

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
instead of the flow opening a valve and letting the water in and then a pressure switch shutting it off i opened the flow completely, your pump will last almost forever and install a halwin switch with a 4" swing to kill the electric to the pump. i have never had to touch it again.

gene

Chris A

Name
Chris
I just replaced the pump... it popped right loose from the expansion tank, is there anything wrong with the tank? Btw flojet 150 at jondon

steve g

Name
steve garrett
yes emphatically you need the expansion tank!!!! back in the mid 90's the company I worked for also had a barrel for a fresh tank. it would eat demand pumps every 200 hours. the demand pumps would also be very hot. what would happen is the pump was always pumping an ever so slight amount of water at a time, demand pumps hate this. I have the little unit that has a blue tank and pump mounted on a piece of plastic, it has quick connects that just pop up so I can connect a new pump easily. I have had the best luck with flow jets. I tried a shurflo and it went bad quite a bit faster and doesn't have the quick connect feature. I get about 900 hours out of a demand pump lately.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom