Cleanco Truckmounts?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Cant figure out why one wouldn't use it if they have it.
Because we have good honest people out here in the sticks. Crime is sooo low, no one stealing carpet cleaners tools or rugs. Hell, Otis even locks himself in the jail when he's had one too many.

Ofer, move away from the metro's or you'll end up jaded like Bryan. :p

:biggrin:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Only problem is they also lose hearing as they become jaded to noise from their rig.
I guess too much bird chirping exposure.

Never met so many crooks as in the 'country'. Must be all that well water :icon_razz:

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

We have some serious crime in Topeka.....that's why I live in the country.:lol:

In the county we shoot thieves and bury them. Since I'm such a poor shot I run them over with the fourwheeler and stake them down for the turkey buzzards. :eekk:

What? Birds gotta eat same as worms do. :rockon:

PCCN

Been using a used 1998 Cleanco Compact for about a year now 5-6 nights a week on restaurants. After my initial "once over" (replacing dried gaskets, hoses, etc.) it is great. Like the setup better than Butler (and I do like Butler's reliability) but this machine is just as easy if not easier to work on than a Butler. Replaced (and adjusted) all 3 belts in less than an hours and I am no mechanic. Plus I think it looks lots sharper than a Butler up in the truck.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Well it has taken me a little bit to get my Cleanco out but ive got a couple weeks on it now. I had a couple pressure issues right out of the gate but I think it may have been because it sat for a couple weeks. My brother is in town to help me during my busy time. I love the direct drives. I had forgotten how easy and fast they are to work out of. We are killin' it! With the high heat option I can get about 240° constant...Although it does take a while to get that kind of heat. Is there anyone with a Cleanco or familiar enough with them that would be willing to talk me through some general maintenance? My new rig has @ 1500 hours on it and I want to get a whole lot more. The guy I bought it from didn't seem to care for it the way I wish he had. I just want to get it tightened up a bit but I don't want to do more harm than good. Thanks for the help!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Just my first thought as you mention takes a bit of time to get to high heat, and the pressure issues....have you had a chance to descale it yet? Just my first thoughts after it has been sitting a bit because you never know what kind of water quality was being run through it.

Sounds like a nice unit with a low amount of hours. I would also rinse out the blower and lube it of course, and just change the fluids in the water pressure pump and blower. Start with fresh oils is good and then you know where you are at. With our direct drives, we change the van motor oil every 1000 miles. If you are not driving many miles and are operating the unit more hours than drive time, keep in mind that every hour is equivalent to about 33 miles on the motor. We just change oil a lot and before what would be considered 2000 miles! Oil is cheap in my eyes and keeps things going. Have a fresh set of belts for the cleaning unit and for the drive shaft to the front of the van, and maybe even replace them all so fresh when you get a chance. On the van, we also drop the transmission oil every year and have the filter replaced as well as the oil.

Hope you get many hours and miles of the unit and it helps you and your families success!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Thanks Mark. I wish I had a guy like you close by. Do you descale through the solution jug? What product works best for you? We have a crazy week and then vacation to Myrtle Beach then im spending some time getting to know my new truck. I really wanted a Butler, still do, but the Cleanco seems like it will work well for now. Please keep me in mind next Spring if you decide to sell one of yours. I really do appreciate the help!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Thanks Mark. I wish I had a guy like you close by. Do you descale through the solution jug? What product works best for you? We have a crazy week and then vacation to Myrtle Beach then im spending some time getting to know my new truck. I really wanted a Butler, still do, but the Cleanco seems like it will work well for now. Please keep me in mind next Spring if you decide to sell one of yours. I really do appreciate the help!

Actually you descale through the water inlet (on the Butler it is the front of the panel where you can hook a water hose into) You don't want to run through your chemical pump as it will damage it. I use a liquid descaler, but powdered will work also. All the brands are pretty much the same and will work. To descale, you just basically follow the directions on the jug. A lot of times the mixture is 50/50 product to water in a pail, and then suck it through the system. Sometimes you just have to cycle it from the bucket to the truckmount and then back to the bucket through your high pressure hose about 5 minutes. On the Butlers, the high pressure hose has a male quick connect on it, so we just put a female quick connect on it so it creates an open exit point back to the bucket. After you descale, just be prepared to have to clean the filters on the wands a couple times the next few days. When you get to descale, just give me a call and I will try to walk you through it. It's been a long time since I have been around a Cleanco, so you might have to educate me on the layout so we can figure it out together. If you have a chance you can text or email me a few pics of the van and unit. My cell 218-259-9099 cell, msags@mchsi.com is my email.

Have a great vacation too!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Back to the hose ports for a minute ...

On the Butler rigs, it appears to me from the pictures, you can easily pull the vacuum hoses through the ports while coming off the reels. Correct?

It appears that on the Hydramaster set up, you can't pull the hoses off the reel through the port. Do you have to pull your hoses, break them at a quick connect and THEN stuff them through the floor ports? (That may be why some folks don't use them?)

I have never ever even SEEN a picture of a Cleanco with door ports, or even seen their name come up in conversations related to their use.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
On the Butler rigs, it appears to me from the pictures, you can easily pull the vacuum hoses through the ports while coming off the reels. Correct?
Yes, you can do it but no after you do it once you'll cut the hose and put on a set of cuffs so you won't ever have to do that again. :headbang:

Seriously it's much easier you run your hose through the porthole just to connect to the reel than to pull any length through that small hole.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

It appears that on the Hydramaster set up, you can't pull the hoses off the reel through the port. Do you have to pull your hoses, break them at a quick connect and THEN stuff them through the floor ports? (That may be why some folks don't use them?)

I have never ever even SEEN a picture of a Cleanco with door ports, or even seen their name come up in conversations related to their use.

You can pull hoses from the reel through the ports....not always easily though...

I usually pull them off the reel and then just stuff back in port. A lot faster. I don't use my live reel as a live reel all the time. I do a "Y" splitter set up and plug the rest of the hose off on the reel. In the cold harsh winters up here, having those ports is a great feature as well as some areas we work in, we use the port to keep others out of our vans.

Some pics here.

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showth...um-hose-swivel-for-reel&highlight=Mark+Saiger

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I don't see any reason why you couldn't install a port in the door or floor of my '10 Cleanco Compact 47 (Ford E250). There is room to do it. Maybe I will this winter.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton

If you want to save time, as Richard says, it will be much faster to run the hose through the door opening and connect later through the little trap door. You do it only once, no matter how many vacuum sections you use and it takes 15 seconds at the most.
Running the hoses through the little opening will take a lot longer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom