Cleaned this spray on liner floor last night

CanadianRuss

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Teskey
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hi guys.

I cleaned this floor last night. It is 100% better. But I do have some hazing and spinner markes. I used tile master which is probably my problem. I also used a nuetral rinse. The floor is course so my spinner is getting hit and miss suction. Any ideas?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Residue IS soil too.?

My experience on rough or coarse surfaces where actual 100% contact is impossible it's best to compensate.

CanadianRuss

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Teskey
I recleaned this floor. A lot of the haze residue was removed. But the next day. This what I found in the main walkways. This is frustrating. I rescrubbed and used an acid rinse. The floor looks great when it's wet. Then once 100% dry. These residue spots reappear. Some advice please @Cameron DeMille

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
Work out potential MO by targeting a very SMALL affected area for comparison.

Perhaps: polish manually with center of various buffing pads?

Buffing compounds?

CanadianRuss

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Teskey
Work out potential MO by targeting a very SMALL affected area for comparison.

Perhaps: polish manually with center of various buffing pads?

Buffing compounds?

This is a spray on pickup truck bed liner. So buffer is out of the question. It is too course of material. Even a mop is out of the question. Brushes only.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Almost looks like efflorescence. Any chance the coating is porous in areas and moisture is getting through to the substrate?

Reactions: Newman

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
looks like something dripping off the vehicle. the bed liner material should not be porous so i would not believe its effervescence. it does look like minerals so try an acid. if you want to add something to rinse with for hard surfaces i would suggest ammonia. it completely evaporates . some of the areas you are cleaning look like you are going to fast. the lower you psi the slower you have to go. I've never cleaned a garage with that finish but i know how hard it is to get clean in the back of my box truck. if it were me i would clean a very small area and speed dry. i wouldn't want to make multiple trips. they make a non slippery product for bed liners that bring back the gloss. it might solve your problem after you get it clean. one more thing, on garage floors i generally don't use the vacuum because they are pitched. the water just runs out.

CanadianRuss

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Teskey
looks like something dripping off the vehicle. the bed liner material should not be porous so i would not believe its effervescence. it does look like minerals so try an acid. if you want to add something to rinse with for hard surfaces i would suggest ammonia. it completely evaporates . some of the areas you are cleaning look like you are going to fast. the lower you psi the slower you have to go. I've never cleaned a garage with that finish but i know how hard it is to get clean in the back of my box truck. if it were me i would clean a very small area and speed dry. i wouldn't want to make multiple trips. they make a non slippery product for bed liners that bring back the gloss. it might solve your problem after you get it clean. one more thing, on garage floors i generally don't use the vacuum because they are pitched. the water just runs out.
This is not a garage floor. It is a show room floor. I'm going to return again this week and test smaller areas and speed dry like you said.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
This is not a garage floor. It is a show room floor. I'm going to return again this week and test smaller areas and speed dry like you said.
does it wipe up with a wet towel? To me it almost looks like it needs to be rinsed. I have never used tilemaster, but when interlink came out with the new powdered viper venom I found that if I didnt rinse it really good and suck everything up that it left a white powdery film but it would wipe up with a wet towel.

CanadianRuss

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Teskey
does it wipe up with a wet towel? To me it almost looks like it needs to be rinsed. I have never used tilemaster, but when interlink came out with the new powdered viper venom I found that if I didnt rinse it really good and suck everything up that it left a white powdery film but it would wipe up with a wet towel.
Hi Tim

No I am not able to wipe with a towel or a mop. The floor is really course so it just rips to shreds. I agree about the rinsing put. I believe that is the problem, an extremely thorough rinsing is required.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hello Russ, have you tried rinsing with a hard surface floor tool (gekko). The brush on the head should be able to agitate it enough to be able flush it off if it is residue. If it's wicking up through the floor, the only option is to use an acid rinse (lightly) and speed dry.

Reactions: CanadianRuss

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom