cleaning grease off of a popcorn ceiling?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I had a restaurant owner of a recently aquired account ask me if there is a way to clean the greasy residue build up off of the popcorn ceiling in his store. He said people have claimed to have been able to do it. I dont have a clue how you could do this without hurting the ceiling , do any of you know and if so what do you charge
?

A

amazingcleansc

juniorc82 said:
I had a restaurant owner of a recently aquired account ask me if there is a way to clean the greasy residue build up off of the popcorn ceiling in his store. He said people have claimed to have been able to do it. I dont have a clue how you could do this without hurting the ceiling , do any of you know and if so what do you charge
?

without getting too crazy here. is it something that if you wipe with purple power it will come clean? Is the ceiling tiles or latex paint? is it porous?

more info (and a pic maybe)

Lonny

Supportive Member
I just don't see it happening- water, heat, degreaser, agitation- any or all of these are needed for that kinda thing, and all will mess that kind of ceiling up.

Ryan

I remodeled a house one time that had grease all on the ceiling like that. We tried cleaning it, but it wouldn't come off without pulling the popcorn off. We ended up scraping it all off and respraying it.

Speaking of purple power.. good stuff lol

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You'll end up paying for a new texture and paint job before its all said and done with trying to clean it. Which sadly enough is probably what they're looking for, they just don't want to pay for it. Not going to happen without damaging the texture...been there done that.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
There is no cleaning popcorn ceilings. Why would anyone have that in a restaurant anyways. You might be able to seal it, but it would be best to scrap and paint. Run!

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

I met a supplier in Knoxville about 10-15 yrs ago. He had a product, first you blew the ceiling with an air hose, then you sprayed his peroxide based (and some secret) chemical on that bleached, then you cleaned the floor. It really did work. If anyone can find him, or a like co, I'd also like to know?

Sincerely,
Dale

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Call Bob Bonwell Advantage Marketing, they use to be big in the ceiling cleaning products. They use to do or may still do a chain of Mexican restaurants. He had a good peroxide cleaner he sold and had years of experience doing them.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Years ago we were blamed for bleaching tiny spots all over a cafeteria carpet. When I moved tables (that we had moved to clean) and showed them perfect undamaged carpet in the shape of the table tops they realized it was the ceiling bleachers that did the damage.

Find a ceiling cleaner that doesn't clean carpet and let them have the job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom