Cleaning in the Dark

Walt

Living in the land of perpetual cloud cover I frequently don't have enough light to clean well. Empties are the worst, since there are few lights.

Some one please invent something that works. Maybe LEDS on the front of the wand with a regular light, a black light and maybe a flashing red light (not all at once).

Seriously any ideas?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
why not carry some lights?

you have the room in your van, get some halogen work lights.
Get as big or small as you want, with or without tripod stands

We carry a small one (250wt) that has a clamp to clamp to doors, etc

..L.T.A.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I carry a 500 watt halogen lite that sits on the floor and a 50 extension, the kind like for your garage at sears or lowes.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I use to carry a single 500 watt light and then I switched to a double 500 watt light, not even comparable. You can direct the light in different directions and twice the light makes all the difference.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Just buy a power inverter at Walmartfor your truck, carry an extention card, use it for your vacuum or lights. :wink:

Name
Jesse
Carrying 1 light sucks especially with 2 techs working in the same home.

we carry a small box with 10 regular light bulbs and little wall socket plugs.
We don't have room in our vans for any more than 1 halogen, a weaker light for each room is better imo.

John Watson

You flippen kids don't know how to do nutten,

Helen and I Cleans by brail

Its easier now with a glide compared to when I just used my Lips!!!!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Walt;

I have had customers attach a portable 9 Watt LED light or a power-tool light to the wand.

The best are lithium-ion rechargable,
and will operate 2-3 hours.

Larry

wired

I use a double 500 watt halogen light with its own stand. Use mostly in rest. where light is poor. I only carry it when i think i may need it. You can buy them at home depot. point them up toward ceiling.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
PS..I'm ASSuming (maybe wrongly so) Walt is referring to places that have electric on??

I'm with Wired too.
With the big halogens, point them at the ceiling

..L.T.A.

Walt

There normally is power. I was looking for a slam dunk kind of answer. I have found that halogens can leave strong shadows that make it harder to see. Didn't think of pointing them at the ceiling. Oddly most of the homes are occupied and have lights - just not enough.

Larry Cobb said:
Walt;

I have had customers attach a portable 9 Watt LED light or a power-tool light to the wand.

The best are lithium-ion rechargable,
and will operate 2-3 hours.

Larry

Once I had a lady hand me a flash light when I got there. The house was occupied, but the wasn't much light through out the entire home. Lot's of small spaces. When I was done she asked for the flash light back so she could check my work. LOL. Your idea is better. I think I have a DWALT light around some where.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Walt said:
I have found that halogens can leave strong shadows that make it harder to see. Didn't think of pointing them at the ceiling.

try it, you'll like it MUCH better.
a pair of 500s pointed at the ceiling is the way to go.

we don't use them in homes or empties for cleaning, but do use them at times on the rehabs when needed

that's also how all the halogen home interior stand lights work effectively

...L.T.A.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I carry a few 100 watt light bulbs and plug adapters.. Most hardware stores have adapters that have a light bulb socket on one end and a plug on the other. Simply screw in the light bulb and plug it in to the outlets around the room. Plenty of light on the carpet and they are off the floor and out of the way.

Rob Hobson

If you had a Blue LED light on the front you could tell your custys the special light kills dust mites. Charge .05 cent a Sq. for the super light.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Carry a 100' extension cord to plug into neighbor's if no power at job. Been handy more than once.

Greenie

I like the plug adapter idea and some 100w bulbs, sometimes you just need something simple and don't want "another thing" to drag hoses around.

John Watson

When I was taken care of all that there spencive chenery on the North Slope during the pipe line building days we wore battery powered headlamps, Winter time was dark day and night, (Us on the night shift made mo money tho) seems like a few of you might want to check those out. You can adjust the beam just lke those fancy flash lights and it always points where you looks unless your bassackwards.

Take alot less room to store in your overstuffed rigs too. Will hang on a cup hook secured on the rooh rail of your van out of the way but accessable...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
admiralclean said:
From time to time, I am amazed at the profound topics we discuss on this board.

This is not one of those times. :roll:

what did your Grandmother say about the pot calling the kettle...??

maybe you should start ANOTHER thread about BROOM STRAW :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

"life changing chit man"

LOL

..L.T.A.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We use halogens on stands too, but usually only carry them when we're going to be cleaning after dark and know there won't be enough light. If you're going to carry regular lightbulbs, get compact fluorescents instead. You can hook a lot more of them to a converter, and even if you don't care about the energy savings, they'll take a lot more bumps without breaking. I've been using them in trouble lights for years and haven't managed to break one yet. Just don't buy the super-whites, you'll feel like you're on the set of a Soviet era prison movie.

In Seattle, the city gives rebates for buying fluorescents, and the large stores collect the rebate and pass the savings on. With the rebate, Costco sells multi-packs of compact fluorescents for less than the cost of incandescent bulbs.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I find halogens to be to bright and to easy to break in the truck. I use the cheap clamp light with the silver reflector. I put a flourescent in it and set it on the floor pointing at the oppisite wall and ceiling.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Have you seen how the EPA wants you to dispose of the CFB? And if you break one its a Hazmat situation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom