Cleaning Leather Rug

Bob Foster

Any suggestions on how to clean this rug? Thanks.
f9ddac32.jpg

5e79dce2.jpg

43c1d9df.jpg

89c15862.jpg

f3085af4.jpg

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Go to your local retailer, check current price.

Add 15% and call your client back and give them the new price.

Collect old rug, explain you need it for 1 week.

Buy new rug, roll in brown paper scented with your cleaning agents and return 'as new' rug.

Sell old rug to another sucker for lunch money.

John :lol:

PS Dusty's boys might be more helpful :roll:

Bob Foster

That's a good one John. I am planning on taking it to Steve. We live in the same city you know.

I was thinking this is a good candidate for a good dusting followed by a Host type treatment with another good dusting and a good dose of ozone.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Yeah I know that Bob.

Joking aside, I imagine a thorough dusting would do the world of good due to the fact they are almost unvacuumable.

I wonder if being leather, you could immerse them effectively and then maybe roll them while in the tank?

Might not be cost effective, or may dry out the leather too much.

John

harryhides

Name
Tony
After doing some testing, we just pre-sprayed with an acid leather cleaner, brushed in, hosed it down with a garden hose, hung it up for a while and then put it out in the sunshine ( which might a problem on the island ) to dry.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A couple of weeks ago we had one in from a water loss that looked just like it.

We dried it and returned it, didn't want the liability, pieces were falling out just in the handling.

Bob Foster

I was thinking that a fresher presentation of the rug and what might be accumulated odors from years of non-vacuuming might make the job more professional. I figure if it gets any moiisture at all it will stink.

Roger Koh

Re: How to Clean Leather Rug (Double Sided Suede Splits).

Re How to Clean Leather Rug (Double Sided Suede Splits).

These are the relevant products required.

1. d’Grease4.9™ pH value 4.9 is an aqueous leather safe degreaser for all leathers.
2. clean3.8™ pH value 3.8 is a leather safe aqueous general purpose cleaner for all leathers.
3. rinse3.0™ pH value 3.0 is a leather safe aqueous mild acidifier rinse for all leathers.
4. fatliquor5.0™ pH value ±5.0 is an anionic (-) charged micro emulsion fatliquor for softening and strengthening all leathers.
5. d’Bacteria3.7™ pH value 3.7 is a leather safe bactericide that is biodegradable, odorless and colorless for all leathers.

A. Restoration Cleaning:
The above #1, #2 & #3 products apply.

B. Leather Structure Conditioning:
The above #4 product applies to provide softness and strength.

C. Deodorizing:
The above #5 product is preferred over ozone.

You are welcome to ask the WHY? The What? & The How?

Roger Koh
Leather Doctor® System

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
By co-incidence, I had an enquiry yesterday about the very same thing, except the person was trying to tell me it was a leather carpet.

We had a bad 'phone connection, he was going to call back last night, but has not as yet.

Roger, can you please explain the step by step, with photos if possible :wink: , of your cleaning methods for these leather rugs.

Last year I passed on a $6,000.00 leather & sisal rug in one of the major resorts in Cairns.

Very thin strips of leather that were being torn by tourists shoes and suitcases.

This was in the main reception area of the resort.

Thanks.

Ooroo :roll:

Roger Koh

If cleaning the Ugg® boots is such a joke than this detail step by step procedure will be ridiculously silly?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16701

We are more inclined to be interested on how to get rich fast with short term tricks and schemes rather than investing our time on long term skill.

Not realizing a business is built on skill for reputation for our long term growth.

A skillful reputation is less vulnerable by newbie that undermine with stealing our customer with prices.

We should establish our growth base on long term clientele rather than short term customer.

We will still be around when others have to fold up as customer comes and goes, while client stays!

We can even choose which country or which city we want to do our business and moves on to match our skills.

A high skill cleaning and restoration technician soon realize the world is borderless!

Roger Koh.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
It's no joke to me Roger, but like most forums, a lot of license is taken towards different posters.

I give heaps and I can take plenty more than I give, but sometimes I do get serious.

These have been a couple of those times.

I also appreciate what some of the posters have tried to tell me in good faith.

I have also put up a piece on the other post.

Ooroo :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom