Cleaning Room Dividers

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I have to clean an accordion type room divider for the local Elks Lodge. It is extremely soiled with nicotine on the bar side. What have you guys used for tobacco type stains?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
For general cleaning, any good upholstery cleaner works well.

For hydrocarbon residue we've found that Ultrapac Renovate works better than solvents or high PH degreasers.

Mix it up as a prespray and then rinse. Works great.
8.690-001.0_full.jpg

Ultrapac Renovate
Prochem's Ultrapac® Renovate is a highly concentrated, powerful cleaner that removes tough, deeply embedded greasy soils and smoke residue. Contains no solvents which can damage some sensitive surfaces.
Features:

* Prochem’s Ultrapac Renovate is a highly concentrated, powerful cleaner that removes tough, deeply embedded greasy soils and smoke residue.
* Use on painted or unpainted surfaces, drywall, metals, and other water-cleanable surfaces.
* Contains no solvents which can damage some sensitive surfaces.
* Rinses easily without streaking.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I have an account that rents these out....when i do them its usually about 500 at a time....i wand them and charge $5.00 per side!

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Richard,

I'm somewhat surprised at your answer.

We use Renovate as our primary detergent for all our FDR work, but find it often fails on nicotine staining...

Unsmoke have fairly recently released their new nicotine range down under and we did our first job with it about 2 weeks ago. We had a protien fire in a tenanted property with three chain smokers... unfortunately both residues are yellow, and of coarse ALL staining of protien soot residue :?

We cleaned all areas with Renovate and most came up ok, but when cleaned again with the Unsmoke products, it did come a lot better.

I'm more talking about hard surfaces when you've raised it about fabric but worth mentioning.

What mixing ratio do you use?

Cheers, John

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
John I've not had that experience, so far Renovate has never let us down. Maybe it needed to be mixed stronger?

Unsmoke has some great products, we used Degrease ALL for a couple of years, it's a great product. We had a few complaints about the ammonia smell, mostly from our tech's and switched to Renovate for that reason.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Yeah, I don't like the smell either.

I've almost exclusively used Renovate for 8 years and I get the feeling from the supplier that I'm one of the main users in NZ. there are a couple of other smaller users but we're the primary one.

Most of the country uses Chemspec wall and ceiling cleaner or something like that.

I tried it and didn't like it either.

Thanks, John

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Try this,

WR Clean Powder from Prochem.com

Extraction restoration powder.

Find it under restoration products

20% percarbonate.

Latest posts

Back