Cobby pulled a fast one..

Mikey P

Administrator
A while back we were talking ball valves and Larry said he had a new one that he was testing and impressed by so I told him to send me some and they've been sitting in the bag on my desk ever since. I finally got around to opening one and notice the fine print.

IMG_20170807_131442.jpg

I thought Larry and Joe were archenemies so I was very surprised to see Larry promoting this product.. Has anyone else tried these? they do look sturdy but only time will tell if they are Bob Foster tough

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The valve worked well and I am not sure how long it would last because we kept breaking off the red handle on top. So for us they were only lasting about a week unfortunately so I couldn't get a fair assessment of the entire valve. But we are very frustrated with shut-off valves right now in the industry

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I looked around in my shop and spare parts bin to see if I could figure out a different valve top to put on it..... but with it being so busy I didn't have time to check that out to see if I could make something work

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Those valves work pretty good for us. The one that is on the line now is about 8 months old.

KSL

Name
Kent
We utilize these ball valves from Joe.(JoeValve. $13.00)They are very sturdy, the paint does chip off but we haven't experienced any failures yet.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Once they start to look rough we replace the valve and QD.
Yeah, cuz when that valve goes bad, you can be sure it had some influence on the QD. Pretty soon every fitting the QD comes in contact with goes bad too, including the new valve.

Now I know why our new valves don't last. Thanks Richard!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've been using them quite a while and they have served me well. They are a bit difficult to turn open and closed.

Reactions: SamIam

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Since these days all small companies get gobbled up by larger ones.
Does it mean that Bristor bought cobby?

I drag all valves on the concrete. I want them to know that it's a dog eat dog world out there & they'd better toughen up.

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
is the handle painted pop metal?
Still a little paint left on it.View attachment 73895

In JMO pic, that looks different than the handles that were on mine...so that could be changed and updated...which would be great....

Mine kind of looked like the ones in Mikey's pic, but If I could see on top where the screw mounts in, maybe I could see better....

We just had problems with the handle but the rest of the valve was doing well....but again....the handle didn't last long enough so we could really test the valve on ours....

It would be nice to hear about a valve that is surviving....

I am looking to maybe get some Swagelok shut offs to try.... I saw them on Erik's new Aerotech, and he seems to be having good luck with them

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

This is the one you need :
Parker2000.jpg
It is rated for 2000 PSI and 300 degrees.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom