Cold water tile cleaning

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Has anyone tried this? I'm thiking about putting a quick connect off of my pump so I can run a spinner at 1200 psi. I can only go to 600 psi with the little giant. Just enough to spin the spinner.

chrissalter

Heat makes such a huge difference. Be prepared to scrub grout lines and clean areas multiple times with a good dwell time. Northstar diesel heater for pressure washers 250 degrees at the wand or spinner the heater just rocks on carpet or tile.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I was going to mention this but did not want to be molested by MB member's. so here we go. No problem at all using cold water especially for grease.All well trained facility cleaners have been trained to use the coldest water possible. Grease and oils are attracted to cold so as long as the water used is colder than the surface being cleaned it will work great. When using hot or warm water the grease and oils will naturally migrate to the cold which is the surface of the floor.The chemistry dose the work. Have done several greasy T/G job's using the coldest water possible and they cleaned up with ease and the result'e were fantastic. The one reason spinners can get away with using hot water is because they can pick up the dirt grease and oils before it get's a chance to re-cling to the cold surface which is what it is attracted to.

K P

Hot water emulsifies the grease and oil much easier imo,it also helps when using an oxidier on light color grout.As far as needing more than 600 psi to spin a spinner...mine does it at 500(turbo hybrid)so check before you conclude.You can also jet down a little on the spinner and clean well with that little giant.

Name
Jesse
Our machines will do 1200hot and 3000cold. On some commercial jobs 1200 doesn't do it, especially when there is wax in the grout. Often we are able to go twice as fast or better at 2500psi.

Put the quick connect on the regulator not the pump. If you run a pump with no regulator you cannot release a trigger or stop the water, you'll blow the head.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Mardie said:
I was going to mention this but did not want to be molested by MB member's. so here we go. No problem at all using cold water especially for grease.All well trained facility cleaners have been trained to use the coldest water possible. Grease and oils are attracted to cold so as long as the water used is colder than the surface being cleaned it will work great. When using hot or warm water the grease and oils will naturally migrate to the cold which is the surface of the floor.The chemistry dose the work. Have done several greasy T/G job's using the coldest water possible and they cleaned up with ease and the result'e were fantastic. The one reason spinners can get away with using hot water is because they can pick up the dirt grease and oils before it get's a chance to re-cling to the cold surface which is what it is attracted to.

I think i have heard this somewhere before....

BUT

if you gots the hots....it works great...most of the work is in the chem anyway

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I always bypass my little giant when i had one. Cold waer cleans fine. Good chemistry gets it done

Gene

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I can get 2000psi out of the pump. I like the jet down idea. If the grout lines are bad I use the wand on the grout lines and rinse with the spinner. The spinner is just sooo slow at low pressure and I would like clean with my spinner more. The wand is so loud but does a nice job on the grout.
I did my kitchen with cobbs and 15 min dwell and cleaned with the wand at 600. Came out great but it was slow

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Out Of Character said:
Our machines will do 1200hot and 3000cold. On some commercial jobs 1200 doesn't do it, especially when there is wax in the grout. Often we are able to go twice as fast or better at 2500psi.

Put the quick connect on the regulator not the pump. If you run a pump with no regulator you cannot release a trigger or stop the water, you'll blow the head.

3000?

Do you not have grout being blown out?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
GeneMiller said:
I always bypass my little giant when i had one. Cold waer cleans fine. Good chemistry gets it done

Gene

agree....I always turn my heat all the way down....

Name
Jesse
3000?

Do you not have grout being blown out?

Rarely, almost no. Usually the floors that require that much pressure are able to handle it. Also, that's using a turbo. A single jet tool would remove more grout.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
3000 wow I would buy a lot of grout here. No one can install tile here. I would like to try that on my driveway.

Back
Top Bottom