Color Seal applicator tips

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Does anyone have a more durable plastic applicator tip source? I like the metal tip but it has too large of an opening.

Name
cameron demille
Cameron does your stuff adhere better than grout perfect????

I honestly can't answer that definitively.

When I started color sealing, I started with This Old Grout. It was okay, but we had some issues. I switched to Grout Perfect. It was an incredible product. A couple years down the road, the formula changed. I really tried to stick with it, but it was completely different and I really didn't like it, so I bailed. Started using ColorClad and loved it, was as good or better than the original Grout Perfect. I started selling ColorClad because that's what I felt was the best color seal, and it offered a lot more on-the-spot flexibility for applicators. ColorClad is a really good product, it uses Aluminum Oxide as a binding agent, which is an incredibly hard material which IMO makes it more durable than other products out there. It does bond very well. Acetone is the only thing that really effective cleans up the tools and stuff without having to scrub aggressively. Even then, it doesn't dissolve it, it just sort of releases the bond so you can peel it off. That should tell you something.

The only ColorClad job I have had fail is my own house, which would have been a job I would have declined. The grout joints are very high and it took 4 times to go over it to get it to look right. We went from dark brown to white. I did it because I want to see what kind of abuse it would take. It took about 5 years for it to finally wear to the point the old grout was showing through. It went through truckmount blastings, scrubbing with a 180 grit brush, I have had 2 dogs the whole time, family events with kids, sand (live in the desert with high winds), etc and it was never touched up. This is in front of the refrigerator and counter where my wife does the bills and stuff. The other areas are just fine.

I have been informed that Grout Perfect changed their formula again, for the better. I have not tried the more recent version, but from what I hear it is good.

With that being said, I have a sample kit I can send if you would like to test it and find out for yourself. Like anything else out there, what is best for me, may not be the best for you. I would always encourage trying a few different options choosing what works best for you.

Reactions: A.J.

Mikey P

Administrator
I honestly can't answer that definitively.

When I started color sealing, I started with This Old Grout. It was okay, but we had some issues. I switched to Grout Perfect. It was an incredible product. A couple years down the road, the formula changed. I really tried to stick with it, but it was completely different and I really didn't like it, so I bailed. Started using ColorClad and loved it, was as good or better than the original Grout Perfect. I started selling ColorClad because that's what I felt was the best color seal, and it offered a lot more on-the-spot flexibility for applicators. ColorClad is a really good product, it uses Aluminum Oxide as a binding agent, which is an incredibly hard material which IMO makes it more durable than other products out there. It does bond very well. Acetone is the only thing that really effective cleans up the tools and stuff without having to scrub aggressively. Even then, it doesn't dissolve it, it just sort of releases the bond so you can peel it off. That should tell you something.

The only ColorClad job I have had fail is my own house, which would have been a job I would have declined. The grout joints are very high and it took 4 times to go over it to get it to look right. We went from dark brown to white. I did it because I want to see what kind of abuse it would take. It took about 5 years for it to finally wear to the point the old grout was showing through. It went through truckmount blastings, scrubbing with a 180 grit brush, I have had 2 dogs the whole time, family events with kids, sand (live in the desert with high winds), etc and it was never touched up. This is in front of the refrigerator and counter where my wife does the bills and stuff. The other areas are just fine.

I have been informed that Grout Perfect changed their formula again, for the better. I have not tried the more recent version, but from what I hear it is good.

With that being said, I have a sample kit I can send if you would like to test it and find out for yourself. Like anything else out there, what is best for me, may not be the best for you. I would always encourage trying a few different options choosing what works best for you.

I would like a sample kit..

Reactions: SamIam

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
The brush caps cut down time in half, my only complaint is they get boogers in them so keep a cut clothes hanger handy, other than that they are great.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Used Grout perfect on a shower floor 5 years ago & the maid has been scrubbing it with bleach so it needs to be redone, Cameron if your sample pack comes with white or bright white I'd happy to buy it.

Great website!

Reactions: Old Coastie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom