Color seal tile & grout pricing

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
I'm starting to get more and more color seal jobs. What's the going rate around the country to clean and color seal grout - 12" tile 1/4" joints? I've been charging $125-$135 p/sf.

It depends on the job and the customer. Anywhere from 1.50 up to 3 dollars a foot for cleaning and sealing is about the norm. Will I clean and color seal 400 sq ft for 600 dollars? I will do it all day long. Of course 1200 would be nicer but I can make money at 600 as well. The sealer goes a long way. To be honest I am having my doubts on the whole color seal durabliltiy and wear factor. It works great for actually changing the color, but when that is not an issue I choose other methods. I have done a few jobs recently that I talked the owner into letting me mop on a base sealer and then apply several coats of floor finish. This is easier and I make just as much. Plus I feel the floors will be easier to maintain. I am open to other options as well.

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
danielc said:
It depends on the job and the customer. Anywhere from 1.50 up to 3 dollars a foot for cleaning and sealing is about the norm. Will I clean and color seal 400 sq ft for 600 dollars? I will do it all day long. Of course 1200 would be nicer but I can make money at 600 as well. The sealer goes a long way. To be honest I am having my doubts on the whole color seal durabliltiy and wear factor. It works great for actually changing the color, but when that is not an issue I choose other methods. I have done a few jobs recently that I talked the owner into letting me mop on a base sealer and then apply several coats of floor finish. This is easier and I make just as much. Plus I feel the floors will be easier to maintain. I am open to other options as well.
The last job I did they liked the idea of changing the grout color to match the new walls and hide dirt better.After cleaning the tile/grout it looked like new but she wanted a new color. The job b4 this one the grout came out blotchy and color seal helped hide it. What kind of base sealer and floor finish?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom