Coming to terms with the one and only Joe Bristor.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
I think I just vomitted a little in my mouth.

Keep it clean and politically correct, eh. ??

Inverted Water Delivery System. (when thinking about kenhairass and other nauseus subjects).

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

Name
George Valliant
Do Joe's custom fiber wands weigh less or more than PC Titanium?

Joe Bristor said:
Fred,
I don't know what a Greenhorn goes for but I do sell WP14 and CMP14 too, for $499 each stock, $599 with my High Shear kit installed. You can prly find somebody who makes a glide for them.

custom carbon fiber wands weighs 3 lb less dripping wet.
14x2 goes for $539 delivered.
Best value in wands I know of.

custom carbon fiber straight stairtools go for $439 delivered.
12" or 14" head custom length from 30"-45", lightest multi-jet stairtool sold.
You guys will love this tool for stairs.
I got these custom black wands all over my shop.
What do I gotta do to get you guys to try them?

2.5 hose, 3 yrs old? dang you go back to before I made 2.5 Cuffs.
Is yours black or baby blue liner ?
It's still same price but I don't pay for shipping anymore like I used to.
I'll send you a free Mikey Cuff for taking such good care of your stuff.

WP14forKentofAberdeen.jpg

Kent2.jpg

CarbonFiber14x2.jpg

lengthwandsCarbonfiberwandfitsanyhe.jpg

CarbonFibervsStainlessLeft7lb8ozMid.jpg

EVO131.jpg

EVO132.jpg

EVO133.jpg

EVO134.jpg

Joe Bristor

there's a few here using both, wonder if they'll speak up?

I will tell you this, I've built a few custom carbon fiber wands now and not one has gone over 8 lbs.
Yet, I've never weighed a PC Ti in under 9 lbs if memory serves.

I've got a bunch of side-by-side pictures of stairtools, bedtools, short, medium and long custom fibers all lined up next to PCTi and CMP14 and HM12 if someone will help me post them. Bob? Jim?
Gotta go to post office now to mail a couple of these beauties but I'll be back.
You guys are nuts for not to taking me up on my free shipping. :shock:
It won't last forever.

Name
George Valliant
I'm interested in serious flow. What maximum do you recommend with the custom fiber?

Is feather touch standard or optional?

Sheer? I like it when the jet's skim the base of the glides (i think). Can it be ordered with a glide?

Joe Bristor

George,

your questions read like you need to do some 'experimenting' on your own, irrespective of getting a new wand.
I’d recommend you experiment with your own wand(s) if you think you want ‘serious flow.’
Experiment wherever possible before sinking a bunch of money into new equipment that will just add more variables to the equation. Make the most of what you’ve got, then once you KNOW, then go on to other equipment.

“I'm interested in serious flow. What maximum do you recommend with the custom fiber?”
There’s no way I can answer this for you. Flow is a variable dependent on you, your truck, your jobs, the climate, etc. etc etc
These carbon fiber wands have a high flow head and a decent sized tube, although there’s a choke point, ~1.75” up top, so no way will it suck like a PC Ti or some other true 2” wands, but it’s got good suction.
The 12” head uses a 4-jet manifold so you can try 4 flow, 6, 8, maybe as much as 12 flow.
The 14” head uses a 5-jet manifold so you can try 5 flow, 7.5, maybe as much as 10 flow.
Your call, not mine. I’ll just help you make it.

I send out ‘practice jets’ all the time to guys so they can do their own ‘experiment’ with ‘flow’, no charge.
Just return the ones you don’t keep. Now you KNOW flow.

I sell stainless vjets, just $6.99ea. They come with the Stubby™ check valve already installed. They even come with Teflon balls, $0.30 for long life and high heat if you want, and Stubby™ jet screens too, $1.50. With all my new wands you get these jets, check valves and jet screens already installed. Several other manufacturers are adding the Stubby check valves and/or Jet screens as standard with their new wands. If your Rotovac drips, call me for the new Floodjets with Stubby check valve installed right in the back of the jet.

In the case of these custom carbon fiber wands, you get
- a good fit to your body,
- super lightweight, maneuverability,
- variable strike & shear.

“Is feather touch standard or optional?”
You mean Westpak’s Soft Touch right? Yes, it comes standard.
A good wand deserves a good valve imo and I can tell you that over 90% of the guys I know who’ve tried it, like it so much, they eventually put it on all their wands, or at least try to. So why not make it standard? It’s why I spent time writing instructions on converting almost every wand out there over to the Soft Touch… so it’s easy as possible for guys to do it.
I charge full retail for this valve, 50 bucks, big whoop, so I get paid for writing these instructions.
I also sunk $1,000s into making an improved rebuild kit for this valve cuz that was the main weakness with it. Now I’m making a more durable trigger lever for it…cuz it needs it. I won’t spend this kinda moneuy on just any valve. So you get a killer valve for $50, conversion instructions + any parts you may need to do it, $free, + the best source for a long-life rebuild kit, $12.

PMF is perfecting a couple of their stainless valves as we speak.
When it’s done I’ll offer those valves as well. 'Til then, all the wands I sell come with Westpak’s Soft Touch valve.
I think it’s a no brainer. Most all the best cleaners I know use it exclusively.
But I DO have a drawer full of crappy valves I’d like to get rid of if you want cheap?

“Sheer? I like it when the jet's skim the base of the glides (i think)."
So you have experimented with where the jets ‘strike.’
Good. One less experiment to do. My custom wands will let you do more of this. It’s built into the ARC design although your degrees of freedom are limited to the particular wand, in this case ~25-45° My Arc bracket will let tons of cleaners go from ‘I think I want shear’ to ‘I know what angle I need for this room.’

“Can it be ordered with a glide?”
As Greenie would say, absa-fn-lutely. Just ask around. I bet somebody will help you get a glide for these wands. There’s a few things to consider with glides. Anymore, let’s talk by phone. 877-Wanders

Flow, valves, strike, shear… all these will be easy decisions if you take them separately. Experiment with a wand(s) you already know. Hold everything constant except one variable at a time. Take notes.
Hope this helps put you in the KNOW when you go to new stuff.

:arrow: Look for new pictures posted in the Garage (thanks Bob Foster)
-Joe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom