Commercial Staircases

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Better to charge by step or stairwell? We are measuring a hotel tomorrow by the strip with 4 separate buldings. Cleaning of all the hallways and 8 different stairwells with 47 steps on each. Residential we charge $45 for stairs. Other commercial we have charged $90 for up to 18 stairs.

What are you charging per step for commercial?

Name
Nate W.
Just had to demo a hotel carpet stairway... 24 stairs about 8' wide, month and a half old carpet but they don't vacuum.. They went too light of a carpet as well..

$10 per stair, and it's portable work.. I actually bid it too low for portable work.. Should have been $300.. I'll probably try to use my RV360i with the small head.. I'll have to buy the spacer for it to work..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Unless a substantial amount of stairs that justifies a discount , commercial or not, makes no difference.
Same price as residential.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Seen them today. Wasn't horrible. Encap all the way. 1,728 sq ft of Hallways and 16 staircases Each staircase was only about 15 steps. They were counting stairwells all together or whatever they were counting. Quoted $1,300. Looks like we got it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
We recently completed a five story stairwell in SF. Bother bidders gave a $3k estimate due to complexity and conditions
10+ years since last done

Now they want it twice a year

EDS

Name
Ed
I bid 450-500 for 61 stairs and 8 landings. They did not call me. Thank god...I hate going to Vancouver...

Attachments

• stairs.jpg
    stairs.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 174

EDS

Name
Ed
Call me crazy but I think I am giving up on commercial. I rank number one for a couple terms related to commercial carpet cleaning in my area and number 2 in Vancouver. The guy below me only does commercial. Decent size outfit with some pretty big contracts. Nice guy and good company. But I cannot compete with him nor can I do the large projects. He comes in a t 08 soft...On commercial I bid high and if I get it then good because I'm usually at 3-500 per hour and if I don't get it no big deal. I don't have any experience with encapsulation to boot.

I have been in talks with him and we are going to do a trial run. Under my commercial page I will link to his website and on his website which has an excellent PR authority he will add a residential tab which will redirect to my site. We will try this for a couple of months and monster the traffic to see if it is beneficial for the both of us.

I want to focus on residential and offer more services to my residential customers...for now.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

EDS

Name
Ed
I think that is called a false dichotomy...and Im not giving away work because I never get it anyway from the internet. But I see what your saying. And yes a floor machine and bonnets are cheap. But maybe I need re-evaluate the positives and negatives of such a bold move.

EDS

Name
Ed
And I do trust him. Recently was contacted by a customer ( was a referral from residential) to try and fix a problem. But the problem was 100,000 + sqft office on the 3rd and 4th floor (pictures below). When and looked at it and it is all porty work. The size and scope of the project made me feel a little uneasy. It needs HWE if anything. Passed it along to him. He has an Aero which can do that kinda hose run. Want whats best for customer but hate leaving money on the table.

Funny story though. Couple weeks ago went to his office and while waiting for hime received a call about 2000 sqft retail space that needed cleaning. Asked a couple of questions and gave my quote over the phone $500. Moments later went and met with him. He told me he had to leave shortly because he had to go give an estimate in our service area for a safety supply store. I named the company...he said yeah thats the one.

Anyhow he bid 250 for it and the still guy choose me. When arrived to do the job (video on my youtube channel) it was a husband and wife team. Some people don't like the big guys.

http://www.crscarpet.com

Reactions: Desk Jockey

EDS

Name
Ed
Pile distortion...the cleaners use back pack vaccumes. Carpet tiles are being discontinued in April. So if cleaning does not work replacement is in the cards. If the carpet has a chance to be saved it won't be done with my porty....

Attachments

• IMG_1772.JPG
    IMG_1772.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1771.JPG
    IMG_1771.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 163

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom