"Common-Sense"....or,

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
I see where some of these Operators will lean their floor wands up against the wall when in cleaning. The do this when moving of furniture; or, when leaving the area to retrieve something.

But,

Haven't they ever thought about any problems they might create doing this? First and foremost: how about "Liability"..ya know, this is "The What If" this happens column!

For example: What if a pet or a child bums into the wand and it comes toppling over and harms them? If that happened, the Operator could be out of business!
Further, when a wand falls at full force, B-A-m-MO! There goes the valve and/or wand handle!
How about falling and crashing into a end table?

These are only a few situations that could happen.

Conclusion: ALWAYS lay the floor wand down, period. Or, surely increase your liability insurance!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I am guilty of this on many occasions, I have even come back to get the wand and thought to myself why did I do that?

I get on the guys pretty hard about it and when they see me do it, they give me hell.

Take a second and lay it down, only takes a couple of seconds to pick it back up.

rick imby

Name
Rick
It is a long ways to lean down there to pick the thing back up again---How does Mikey do it?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yeah you probably have a greater chance of tripping over it once its laid down.

I think a wand should be moving or back out in the truck. :winky:

Get a Zipper!

Thanks for the reminder Ed! :cool:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
It is a long ways to lean down there to pick the thing back up again---How does Mikey do it?

Most of you guys also lay the wand on the floor the wrong way also..
lay the wand on the floor with the handle on the floor and the jets pointing up!-- this will put less strain in the solution hose swedge and reduce the chance of the dreaded "black Death" -- or even worse-- solution hose explosion.-- your solution hoses will last longer with this technique.
To pick up the wand, just use your foot and grab the wand with you hand when its high enough.

Reactions: roro

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
If there is anytime I tend to do it, it is during transport and before set-up.

Never during cleaning under the addition force of the hose weight which is what will most likely pull it down.

On it's own without any hoses, it depends on the flooring surface and how resistant it is to the wand head slipping.

The most dangerous flooring to stand it up on the wall is any smooth flooring that offers little resistance to the head slipping away from the wall.

Never had a problem on carpet.

Tile ONLY if you can catch a nice grout line with the wand head.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
lay the wand on the floor with the handle on the floor and the jets pointing up!-- this will put less strain in the solution hose swedge and reduce the chance of the dreaded "black Death" -- or even worse-- solution hose explosion.-- your solution hoses will last longer with this technique.
To pick up the wand, just use your foot and grab the wand with you hand when its high enough.
Ooh, ooh, like a garden rake. I saw that on the three stooges. Right between the eyes.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Being afflicted with short attention span and all.
So, Papi puts his wand in the missionary position?

Or did I get it all wrong?

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
I see where some of these Operators will lean their floor wands up against the wall when in cleaning. The do this when moving of furniture; or, when leaving the area to retrieve something.

But,

Haven't they ever thought about any problems they might create doing this? First and foremost: how about "Liability"..ya know, this is "The What If" this happens column!

For example: What if a pet or a child bums into the wand and it comes toppling over and harms them? If that happened, the Operator could be out of business!
Further, when a wand falls at full force, B-A-m-MO! There goes the valve and/or wand handle!
How about falling and crashing into a end table?

These are only a few situations that could happen.

Conclusion: ALWAYS lay the floor wand down, period. Or, surely increase your liability insurance!

Ed, I have called this "uncommon sense."

Reactions: Ed Valentine

Ron K

Lay it on it's side.
Always on the carpet, not on tile or wood, carpets can't get scratched.
Got a tech who places Groomer against wall, I'm thinking if I see that again I'll take the handle off and have them use it that way!
German Tool and Die apprentice program, choke up on a handle...they cut it off......... pull a plug by the cord they beat the snot out of you! Love the Deutsch!

Name
Nate W.
Lay it on it's side.
Always on the carpet, not on tile or wood, carpets can't get scratched.
Got a tech who places Groomer against wall, I'm thinking if I see that again I'll take the handle off and have them use it that way!
German Tool and Die apprentice program, choke up on a handle...they cut it off......... pull a plug by the cord they beat the snot out of you! Love the Deutsch!

Remember when I said, if I move to Seattle I'll work with you.............FORGET everything we talked about....I get that type of punishment at home....:redface:

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Back
Top Bottom