Concrete Cleaning Process, Chems?

Discussion in 'Hard Surface Hub' started by GreenTechAgain, Dec 18, 2016.

1. GreenTechAgain
    GreenTechAgain

Name:
    Ross Martin
    When you are putting out 8-10 gallons a minute, how do you get out of your own way?

If the water is not being extracted, does it not pool up right away?
  2. SteveCleans
    SteveCleans

Name:
    steve Dobson
    Good question but the answer is no. It's almost all outside and most sidewalks & driveways have a slight drainage angle to them so the water will gradually move down and slide off of the concrete into the grass. I clean X amount of square foot and then I unhook my high-pressure hose from the surface cleaner and hook on my gun with a three or 400 psi tip and I spray everything off real quick. It looks brand-new. And I hook my surface cleaner back up and clean some more and repeat the process
  3. SteveCleans
    SteveCleans

Name:
    steve Dobson
    Here ya go
  4. Jamesh921
    Jamesh921

Name:
    James
    "The driveway in the picture above this post I think was 10 feet by about 220. With my Tools I cleaned that from dirty to looking brand-new in about 40 minutes. - $300"
    $300 divided by 2200 sq. ft. = .136 cents per sq. ft. Is that how you price your concrete cleanings or do you price it be the job/time it takes? Basically, I'm asking how you price out all your powerwashing jobs. I've been dabbling in cleaning parking lots, driveways, sidewalks, etc... But I really don't know how to price it because I don't have enough experience doing it yet to know how long each task will take me. And, of course, I'm using power washers with wands or a Turbo spinner. Not the high quality equipment you have BUT I have been looking into that equipment.
  5. SteveCleans
    SteveCleans

Name:
    steve Dobson
    No to be honest, just experience. I just look at it and I have a small medium and large price in mind. Like carpet cleaning, and a minimum of say 129 for a small driveway. A medium driveway might be 199. And then upwards of that. Sometimes I toss in a few sidewalks that lead up to the front porch. Residential concrete usually does not have many stains. It's just topical dirt and it just comes right off even without chemical.
    So I would like to tell you I have a magic formula but I don't. I just know by looking it's going to take me an hour or it's going to take me 90 minutes and I just have a number in mind. This is not much help I'm sure :-)
  6. Jamesh921
    Jamesh921

Name:
    James
    I get it. It's just a matter of the tools you have at your disposal + soil level/type + time to do the job which only comes with experience. I cleaned the parking lot in a restaurant with 2 power washers where they had a huge grease spill which the disposal company caused when their hose broke when siphoning out the grease pit. It was about 3500 sf and 10 hours later I realized that this $400 job should have cost them about $1200. Sometimes experience is costly.
  7. SteveCleans
    SteveCleans

Name:
    steve Dobson
    Yep.

I rarely do commercial work. On rare occasion I will do some commercial carpet cleaning. But I never do commercial concrete work. Way too much bubblegum, Greece etc. I offer to many services I have too many good jobs to mess around with the junk. 95% of my work is all residential whether it's carpet cleaning, roofs, house wash or glass. Just my choice
    Matt Wood likes this.
  8. Jamesh921
    Jamesh921

Name:
    James
    So, you are also power washing glass?
  9. SteveCleans
    SteveCleans

Name:
    steve Dobson
    No, sorry if I made it sound like that. I do a lot of Window cleaning. I am a carpet in a post tree cleaning guy first and foremost, that has been my front runner since 1999. Customers asked me to go and learn to clean stained refs which led to house washing which led to a lot of water spots on the windows from mineralized water, so I learned about pure water cleaning and traditional window cleaning. And that lead to going ahead and tossing in the sidewalks and driveways. So it got all inclusive from the top of the roof to the mailbox at the street LOL. And then all the stuff inside house. Carpet/upholstery/tile etc
    Lee Stockwell and scottw like this.