Concrete

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Looks like overlap lines from turbo....you said you went both ways... It's pretty simple....does the lines match your turbo clean sequence...

This in turn cleans out micro bits of unbonded concrete "slurry" in the pores, especially a rougher finish. Also assume this was not power troweled....

When it dries completely, may blend in, Otherwise would need 3500psi make consistent

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I'm no concrete expert but I doubt they would have tied that much rebar just for a patio. Around here it would just be wire grid mesh.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Looks like that's a pretty tight grid for mesh, mesh that would require piecing together a sh*t load of individual pieces together to cover that much area.

I would expect to see some signs of overlap or seams, but it looks too perfect.

My money is on something that was ON TOP, and that information is being conveniently withheld from you for some internal reason.

The results of several acid tests of different duration in inconspicuous areas may be of benefit.

Matter of fact, an acid test should be the definitive test under these circumstances.

The key unknown here is the depth of the discoloration.

If it is from beneath, then dissolving a fine top surface layer should not result in an improvement.

Yet if it originated from above and was absorbed by the porous concrete, removing a fine top layer should show improvement.

Fook...........Except if is iron from the rebar that only shows when it oxidizes/rusts at the surface when it is exposed to air, and the test will show an improvement only lasting until the deeper layer oxidizes and the pattern returns.

Damit, just acid test it for me.

Muriatic acid.

Read the label, and then read it 20 more times.

Nasty Big Boy Stuff.

Last edited:

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
A metal detector or non penetrating meter can tell you if it is wire mesh or rebar. Too perfect for rebar or cleaning lines I think.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I think someone laid down a vinyl square lattice panels and pressure washed them on the concrete deck.

Dave B

Name
Dave B
That doe snot look like ghosting from the rebar, lines are too thick. The first thing I woudl tell them is that when you cleaned it, you exposed whatever the soil was covering. Then ask what used to be on the surface of the concrete, tile? pavers? etc. Also ask when was the last time they had it sealed. If it has been more than 4 years, they are at fault for failure to maintain. If you want to "repair" then I would suggest reaching out to your local Elite Crete rep and ask for a contractor to do a Thin Finish Overlay.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

Looks like the brazil wood deck I had to repair from someone pressure washing it.

Use a 175 a mild detergent and scrub the whole thing with a brush. Rinse it off with a hose as you go not letting it dry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom