Construction Clean

Name
Swani
I'm outta town for work and my Wife is doing a construction clean back home. She said she's cleaned this floor 4 times and it looks great after it's cleaned but dries kinda hazy. There has been tons of saw dust and sheet rock dust from all the construction. This home is brand new and so are the floors. She has only used the cleaner that the flooring store sold the the GC. (She forgot the name of the cleaner but I'll find out later) I'm thinking that maybe all the dirt isn't getting cleaned up when she's moping and is causing this haze. I'm tempted to just take my Lindhaus and my Hydroforce Wood Fresh up there when I get home to see if I can try and make it better. Here is a after pick it looks like engineered hardwood to me?
2018062995171845.jpg

Name
Swani
Looks good to me, can’t see residue or haze. If you have the ability buff it with a white polishing pad.
I've done tons of floors like this with great results but if there is an issue with the flooring I don't wanna void the warranty. The retailer already tried to tell her that if there is a haze that this lands on the cleaner and not them. I don't know how they can come to that conclusion when she's only used the recommended product they sold.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I would think your correct. The white polishing pad would NOT hurt it. Too soft but would knock off residue. I’m sure it’s the #chemical if there is a residue. I dang sure wouldn’t worry about it.

Reactions: Living The Dream

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Once mopped and the floor is almost dry use a contractor dust control mop to reduce any haze.

Try this method for any hard floor when mopping and the results will be better.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
construction crews can make a real mess if/when the floors go in too early and/or aren't covered with cardboard traffic paper .

My magic 8 ball is suggesting she's not getting all the construction dust (that may have been "trafficked in" for weeks) lose and thoroughly rinsed away
(hard to thoroughly with a mop and bucket unless you're wringing the mop in clean water every wring)...which isn't practical nor realistic

donno what your Lindhaus does
but if it squirts and sucks at the same time, that's what I'd use to rinse
.. after a quick wet 'n scrub to loose an army of cowboy contractors/workers and deliver guys boot grime, dirt and dust that get's stomped all over a consite

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom