Cool Cuffs--Swivel

WISE

Looking for some feedback on the swivel cuffs. Have some of the locking ones now and looking to go with the swivels...if they stay connected as advertised.

Anyone using them? Any issues?

Thanks

WISE

Billy

Name
BH
I have both locking & Swivel cuffs & like them both only negative for me is the newer swivel cuffs wont stay connected to the older sets they are a little different somehow. The swivel does stay connected though well with same type. I don't notice anymore air loss either. I really miss my cool cuffs since changing to 2.5" hose. :(

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I have the swivel cuffs, and would never get them again. The swivels need the newer style males with the larger vertical grooving that is thicker so to kind of "lock" into place since it doesnt have the slide latch. They leak, even though I was told they wouldn't, but like every single swivel cuff I have ever seen....they leak.

Greenie

I thought Joe was gonna make some 2.5" cuffs?

Doesn't look like any are on the horizon.

Maybe the MikeyCuff needs to be resurrected?

I am working on a 2.5 "rubber" cuff that will be firmer then the current vinyl ones, they won't stretch so easily in the heat or under stress wrapped around a reel, and they won't constrict in cold weather so much you can't get them apart. It's just money....... only catch...they will have to be "poly welded" read as "glued" on, there will be no screw cuff design, so keep a spare screw on around if you ever bust a hose and need a quickie fix.

Denny S

he does have the 2.5 and have been out for time now
Family.jpg

denny

Billy

Name
BH
I haven't checked with him in a few days but last time he told me they aren't in yet. Only ones out are Beta samples.

Greenie

Why would you put a swivel on the female side?

Denny, you say it like it's fact or something?

I'm just wonderin' who is gonna buy the 2.5" yet to be produced coolcuffs since BridgePoint/Interlink supply has a contract will Joe to be the sole distributor, and if they don't embrace 2.5" vac hose, why would they embrace 2.5" cuffs?

It is a niche market.

While we are on the hose and cuffs, would some of you guys with ATs and Vs measure the center hub of your vac reel, I need the circumference for an upcoming project, I am attempting to see how uniform all the big truck hose reels are. I promise it'll be worth your while.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
LOL how many reports on the 2.5 have you missed ..........

Never mind those were in PM's to Greenie.................

Yes I have been using it.the manifold is not set in yet..
still not sure what I want to do on that as of yet

The only problem I have had was doing tile.......with the relief open it still locks the tool down hard and was working me to death so Greenie told me a trick to do........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom