Cooling an air cooled powerplant

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
She is a bit of an abomination but not on purpose. We had a forced retirement of a van (totaled wreck) and a savage yard donor for parts. I think it came out well for what we had to deal with.

We were going to save it just for parades and such but I thought that was a big waste. We are always in need of a small unit for upholstery, small minimums or a reservice. With a small footprint 370 it would fit the bill. Looks are a bit odd but it will draw attention and hopefully good attention once lettered.

I'll share pictures as we progress with the install. Its obvious now I should have waited.

I foolishly thought you people had vision! :winky:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Do any of the rear doors open? Do the doors with the light in them go all the way to the floor?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
So with the thought of extending the life of the motor we plant to mount a 370 out in the open. Keeping the fresh and hose reel in the enclosed portion. It shouldn't have any heat related issues. Are there any negative you can foresee?
Thanks!

View attachment 79196

Gotta be an April fool joke... Right Rich???

Name
Steve Lawrence
Ricco, are you shitting us? I've never seen that van/pickup. Looks like a photoshop to me.

Oh wait, just got my answer by looking at the date of your post.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I told Richard he might as well weld the rear doors to add strength and rigidity to the structure of the van to maintain integrity of the vans structure.

I believe this is going to work well for what it is planned for.

steve_64

I've seen insulation trucks that have a swing out power plant. When not in use it swings into a box that locks up and out of the weather. They are loud.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:eekk:

Geezzzz you guys are making Lockhart look like GENIUS. He told me to wait because you guys would rip it. I should have listened.

Just remember, when its all done you'll be eating your words! It's going to look great after it's installed and lettered. Just wait! :angry:

20180406_163735.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
:eekk:

Geezzzz you guys are making Lockhart look like GENIUS. He told me to wait because you guys would rip it. I should have listened.

Just remember, when its all done you'll be eating your words! It's going to look great after it's installed and lettered. Just wait! :angry:

View attachment 79202

don forget the "puddle lites"........:cool:

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Why not just run a copper oil line through the water box like the Powermatic does? It will make your engine run about 30 degrees cooler on hot days and extend the life of your engine.

Don’t forget that the sun hitting your machine may make it run hotter than if it was in a shaded truck.

Careful not to let the wind blow off anything on your equipment.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think what you guys are struggling with is you have preconceived ideas of what a cleaning vehicle should look like.

You must think outside of the box (TM mounted OUTSIDE..the BOX)

The van will stay nice and cool in the summer. No fumes no added machine heat. The unit will operate with less restriction and cool down faster. No different than a welders setup in the back of their dually.

It should work out pretty nice. When I get it back from Bullhide I'll post the custom tank and shelving. It's gonna surprise You! :cool:

Reactions: dealtimeman

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Just remember, when its all done you'll be eating your words! It's going to look great after it's installed and lettered. Just wait!

I see a surprise thunder storm and a sapphire under water.

Yeah but a trailer isn't going to allow to stay as cool as open air. I believe it will extend the life of the motor if nothing else.

It won't... It's a kohler.:lol:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
All these doubting Thomas-es.

I think Richard is #1 for a reason. Often imitated never duplicated.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Give it a chance. I do believe once letter it will look better.
That has to be the most butt ugly thing I've seen in recent memory. You could cover it with hundred dollar bills and it would still be homely. The only thing I ever saw that was even close to that ugly was you. That's so ugly It'll make blind people cry. Don't park it near sand. The cats will try to bury it. If ugliness were bricks, that would be the Great Wall Of China. Nope - THAT'S FLICKING UGLY!

Name
Jeff T
Jesus Willy tell him how you really feel.... Richard, it looks utilitarian.... once you get it set up, and it’s making money, IT WONT MATTER WHAT ALL US MOOKS THINK.... believe me, you’ll have the last laugh.... all the way to the bank.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
. Are there any negative you can foresee?
Yes Mighty One - a lack of storage space for your zillion d/u's & blowers. so either mount the truckmount on the roof of the cab so it will become a true Fugly, or mayhaps fit a towbar so you can pull a double wide trailer
roro

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom