Cost of ownership compairison.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Did a job today that I thought was applicable to your post. We do not have any BIG AEROTECH STYLE TRUCKS but have multiple standard size Truck mounts. If making long runs (250’ - 350’), I will schedule, if possible, 2 trucks per wand. Run a 2” hose from each truck maybe 100’, then “T” it to a single 2” hose for the remaining distance. I don’t have an Aerotech to compare to but I think something like this gives you more flexibility for the same money.

Standard days, run separate routes, but when you need the power of a larger truck, just combine them.

Have you looked into 4 to the door or 2.5" hose? I've never run either but if your running a 56 blower I'd have thought that would of given better result and freed up a truck?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Did a job today that I thought was applicable to your post. We do not have any BIG AEROTECH STYLE TRUCKS but have multiple standard size Truck mounts. If making long runs (250’ - 350’), I will schedule, if possible, 2 trucks per wand. Run a 2” hose from each truck maybe 100’, then “T” it to a single 2” hose for the remaining distance. I don’t have an Aerotech to compare to but I think something like this gives you more flexibility for the same money.

Standard days, run separate routes, but when you need the power of a larger truck, just combine them.

What size is the blower on your truckmounts?

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
What size is the blower on your truckmounts?
Roots 56. I used 2 trucks because each carry 300’ of vacuum hose. If I need a 300’ run and I want to run 2 -2” hoses 100’ i’ll need 400’ of hose.

I’ll have to take 100’ of hose off a 2nd truck anyway. I hate having extra hose just laying on the floor of the truck and the 2nd truck had already gassed up and was done for the day at 1 pm when the crew went to the commercial job.

The truck was available and rather than taking just the hose and running 4 to the door (yes are vacuum tank lids are set up for this) we just took the truck and hooked them both up. I’m not a physicist but I have to think that creates more vacuum and CFM’s than the same hose run hooked to 1 truck. @Hack Attack

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Roots 56. I used 2 trucks because each carry 300’ of vacuum hose. If I need a 300’ run and I want to run 2 -2” hoses 100’ i’ll need 400’ of hose.

I’ll have to take 100’ of hose off a 2nd truck anyway. I hate having extra hose just laying on the floor of the truck and the 2nd truck had already gassed up and was done for the day at 1 pm when the crew went to the commercial job.

The truck was available and rather than taking just the hose and running 4 to the door (yes are vacuum tank lids are set up for this) we just took the truck and hooked them both up. I’m not a physicist but I have to think that creates more vacuum and CFM’s than the same hose run hooked to 1 truck. @Hack Attack
Here’s my experience with it.

http://mikeysboard.com/threads/so-s...mikey-is-the-founder-of-4-to-the-door.285183/

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

You’re definitely getting a stronger lift that way, but I don’t see it being much of a difference in dry times with already having a 56blower.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
@CJ-FL a 56 blower isn't lacking anywhere, and you know your setup I don't..

Im just comparing it to my lil 36 which with no hose attached is restricted by 2" tank connection, 2" is 2" the restriction is the same no matter how big the blower or number of blowers.

I'd have thought just with 1 truck setup that the vacuum relief would be open and self governing due to 2" restriction, 2 trucks same same 2" restriction..

But like I said you know your setup better than me :icon_cool:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I am sure it worked fine but it is more work to set up and take down plus the gas of the extra truck. I wonder if you increased the rpm by 500 and ran the first 50-100 feet of 2.5 inch then the 2 inch, how much better it would be?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
@CJ-FL a 56 blower isn't lacking anywhere, and you know your setup I don't..

Im just comparing it to my lil 36 which with no hose attached is restricted by 2" tank connection, 2" is 2" the restriction is the same no matter how big the blower or number of blowers.

I'd have thought just with 1 truck setup that the vacuum relief would be open and self governing due to 2" restriction, 2 trucks same same 2" restriction..

But like I said you know your setup better than me :icon_cool:

Someone in Florida I won’t say who says they think the massive blower Stanley uses is under spun!

So it prolly got the same cfm as a Butler cough cough or less!

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
Someone in Florida I won’t say who says they think the massive blower Stanley uses is under spun!

So it prolly got the same cfm as a Butler cough cough or less!
Even if spun faster the CFM would be limited by the 2” hose. Right? I would still like to see some sort of CFM calculator where you could input hose diameter and length and see max CFM, etc... anyone know of any literature or websites

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Even if spun faster the CFM would be limited by the 2” hose. Right? I would still like to see some sort of CFM calculator where you could input hose diameter and length and see max CFM, etc... anyone know of any literature or websites
True! that’s where you could run 2.5 inch hose the first 50 ft for a big improvement.

I wonder how’s the vacuum feel at the end of a 300 ft hose run?

Mikey P

Administrator
tank and filter design, hose lay out, joiners/cuffs, foam etc all effect the outcome.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The Butlers respond well to 2.5 inch hose.

Plumbing is not restricted.

One of these days we have been planning to do a dual van set up with 2.5 inch hose like @CJ-FL just did. We have the y already and lots of 2.5 inch hose.

We will reduce down to 2 inch of course.

Nice being up couple to 3 or more floors. Gravity helps the suction too :)

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
4AB019BB-0E45-458B-AA41-3259CC994845.jpeg
Did someone say 300ft?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If that was true, an sapphire 370 would be as powerful as an 870 on a single wand 300 ft set up. I think in a real life setting, you will find the 870 is much more powerful on the same 2 inch hose.

Reactions: dealtimeman

steve_64

My 56 underspun is way stronger than my 47 underspun.

A few moee rpms made the 56 scream but I'm already pulling my shoulder out. Just keeping filters clean keeps the wand licked down just fine.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My 56 underspun is way stronger than my 47 underspun.

A few moee rpms made the 56 scream but I'm already pulling my shoulder out. Just keeping filters clean keeps the wand licked down just fine.
Don't blame your shoulder pain on the 56. Its the prochem quad thats gonna make that shoulder handicapped

steve_64

Don't blame your shoulder pain on the 56. Its the prochem quad thats gonna make that shoulder handicapped
Yeah I've kinda retired it. I had to take the valve off it for the 14 inch SS 2 inch I got. I need 3 or 4 new valves I've canabalized everything I have.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom