Cotton backed hand tufted POS

Mikey P

Administrator
Dont even bother bringing this junk into your plant.

Cant immersion wash cant clean the back and as I found out the other day..

You cant even Badger them..

Woops.

4-10-09004.jpg

Thats Latex for the non rug cleaners here..

Just hack em out in the home with your wand if you know whats good for you.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Re: Cottone backed hand tufted POS

Mikey... this is when you either A.. Air dust, or B... use tyvek over the back of the rug when you badger. And when they start to delaminate, its time to either upsell a repair for the back, (if noted in your preinspection) or tell them to purchase another rug. There are good ones and bad ones out there. Some will stand up to several cleanings.. Others.. not so much. You also need to start doing the scatch and sniff test on these... If you sniff it and it reaks of old shoes.. bad latex.. don't clean or don't promise odor removal. If you scratch the pile and get lots of wool, again bad glue or bad wool fiber.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan

I'd guess a rug with latex in this condition would have the stability of a blanket, so would be difficult to clean with a wand in the home. You'll still have to inspect and explain to the customer, as the next time they lift a corner of the rug and see the floor they'll be calling to complain about your cleaning damaging their rug.

PS: Just like broadloom carpet, quality differs. The powdering latex condition only affects about 15% of the "commodity" (made in bulk for wholesale) hand-tufted rugs prior to the 5 to 7 year mark, and then gets much more common. Other commodity hand-tufted rugs will still be in good condition for fifteen or more years, and custom hand-tufted rugs may be in great shape at fifty.

Rex Tyus

Mikey P said:
Just hack em out in the home with your wand if you know whats good for you.

No problem. That is all I know how to do anyway. :mrgreen:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
It's sad that people equate cost with quality. Any time I deal with a rug like that, the people usually comment on how much they paid for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom