Countertop Limestone job... before's and after's

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
View attachment 1410

This was the mess I walked into...A topical, covering 100,000 year old fossilized Limestone. :madder:

View attachment 1411

Upon speaking with the client, As it turned out is the "pioneer of Organic". Insisted I only use "green" products in his home,
requested to see all MSDS etc. I found a product thru Jracenstein window cleaning supply called "Bio-Solv" an "acetone replacement, to strip this topical.

View attachment 1411

This is after Bio-solv, I chose to use Spynergy pads @ 400 grit

View attachment 1412

This is after Spynergy @800 grit, All old seal stripped and prepped...

View attachment 1413

This is after 400, then 800 then Stone Pro Diamond renew Powder Polish.
We filled the Countertops with "traverfill" then sealed with "impregnator" after this pic.

Look closely, and some may be able to see the orange peel from the spynergy. I chose them over resin diamond to lesson the amount of detail
work. I wasn't looking for an absolute perfect finish. Someone brilliantly put Limestone in the Kitchen.

This was 180 linear ft. of countertop restoration 2 guys 2 days!

Name
cameron demille
That made a huge difference.

I'm curious what you mean regarding less detail work with Spynergy vs. resin diamonds? Also, why only go to 800 before powder polishing?

EDIT: I don't think your final picture showed up. I am only seeing the results after the 800 Spynergy?

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
Hmm I see the last pic... but just in case View attachment 1414

1) The reason for pads...after taping off around cabinets installed on the countertops, and soft edges, we came to the conclusion, we felt they would be a better choice. and would get a little closer the walls etc.
2) we did not want polished perfection here... we wanted some damage left in the stone...then powder polish off the damage. Tuscan style home. The client agreed. and gave us the go ahead...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
cameron demille
Makes sense. I actually do that from time to time, sandbag the finish so it fits in with the surrounding areas or decor.

I have a solution for the edge-damaging issue, but it's something I sell. I don't know how the mods feel about that here so I'll refrain for now.

Rob Fairfield

Supportive Member
Name
Rob Fairfield
View attachment 1410

This was the mess I walked into...A topical, covering 100,000 year old fossilized Limestone. :madder:

View attachment 1411

Upon speaking with the client, As it turned out is the "pioneer of Organic". Insisted I only use "green" products in his home,
requested to see all MSDS etc. I found a product thru Jracenstein window cleaning supply called "Bio-Solv" an "acetone replacement, to strip this topical.

View attachment 1411

This is after Bio-solv, I chose to use Spynergy pads @ 400 grit

View attachment 1412

This is after Spynergy @800 grit, All old seal stripped and prepped...

View attachment 1413

This is after 400, then 800 then Stone Pro Diamond renew Powder Polish.
We filled the Countertops with "traverfill" then sealed with "impregnator" after this pic.

Look closely, and some may be able to see the orange peel from the spynergy. I chose them over resin diamond to lesson the amount of detail
work. I wasn't looking for an absolute perfect finish. Someone brilliantly put Limestone in the Kitchen.

This was 180 linear ft. of counter top restoration 2 guys 2 days!

Great job Lance. Awesome pics.

Mikey P

Administrator
So what did you learn?

are you going to jump right in on the first client you can find or will you test on your friends and family's counters first?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom