Cow hair rug

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
curious if anyone has ever cleaned one. They look like a quilt work basically with a felt back.

Gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Hers will end up with dog poop on it sooner or later. I could clean with the sapphire tool but wasn't sure if the vacuum would pull hair out. I've never used the dry compound except to suck out ink or a deep stain. Will it work on poop. Just preparing for inevitable.

Gene

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The hair is durable but the foundation could shrink if wet. So you could rinse the poop or the whole skin but there is a small amount of risk. If you or she are not comfortable with risk. Then go dry compound.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
If and when it happens I'll tackle it. She won't care if I ruin it. Her master carpet is less than 6 months old and I've already cleaned it 4 times. The lab puppy has already used it for everything including a play toy. Great people to work for, plenty of money to spend.

Gene

Reactions: Desk Jockey

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
I would like to expect it before offering absolute advice on your piece. However, most of the time we do a full wash in our wash tub (or wash floor) and thereafter do some detail work if necessary with shampoos or detergents and thereafter centrifugal drying and hang. If a leather hide exists, then condition with leather specific conditioner afterward. (Cows and other animals take to water very well. How many times does it rain on them or they frolic in a watering hole or pond while alive? They don't shrink)

Reactions: cleanking

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Hers will end up with dog poop on it sooner or later. I could clean with the sapphire tool but wasn't sure if the vacuum would pull hair out. I've never used the dry compound except to suck out ink or a deep stain. Will it work on poop. Just preparing for inevitable.

Gene

Are you saying the rug is Woven with cow hair-- OR is it pieced together cow hide? I have used the Sapphire tool on the hides with no problem-- you can adjust the suction at the head of the sapphire tool if you feel you need to. and yes clean it like any other protein fiber.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom