Crayola magic miracles

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I had a job that has been going on for some time that I did the final visit today.

Client dribbled CYAN ink through the office, hallway, dining and lounge rooms. Chemically sensitive so I came in on a day when she was away and using Cyclone, was able to reduce by 70%.

I then took a mat for getting yarn from and went back and re tufted the individual fibres in the lounge and dining rooms.

When I started in the hallway (separated by a large vinyl area) it was a different carpet. Close enough that they looked the same from a distance, but side by side, no good.

She found yet another may from the original installation and so I took that, but it was too worn and today, it wasn't going to cut the mustard.

I called the insurer and they said they would replace the hallway only. I then decided to break out the crayons. Cream coloured wool loop pile with Cyan spots. I added a light pink/peachy colour and it practically disappeared.... I was blown away, and then annoyed I didn't have my camera :evil:

In natural daylight they were invisible, in night lighting, they looked 95% and just visible if you knew where to look.

One question, how do you control the felting effect on the wool fibres? I'm finding with the rubbing of the crayons, I get fuzz, easy to trim off, but not ideal.

John

timlakeman

Hi john,
Why not try moist towel & iron before you add colour. This warms the carpet and allows the crayon to be transformed to carpet without rubbing too hard. Hope it helps. I do this on every job!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom