CRB Owners Poll

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Back to the crb. Some jobs the blue bristles are too soft. That's from the matted down polyester on the section 8 rentals with mounds of oil on it. What other bristles is there to choose, and can the stiffer ones be used for all purpose as well, or should they be used just on the trashed jobs?

steve_64

3 rooms $150

If it needs scrubbing which I don't say, the price goes up.

I can do 3 rooms in an hour if it's not trashed. If it's trashed there are additional charges. Nobody argues with the damages. It's obvious and they know it.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
its required every job every time, was hard to get them to pull it out everytime so had to ease them into it

only exception is cleaner berber or wall to wall wool

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The pull out factor is why I love the 10 inch!

It’s light and easy, white brushes all day on nylon!

Black if it poly olefin crap and tile!

My guys love it!

They see how much easier it is cleaning carpet with it as opposed to without it.

I say 95% but is higher then that it’s almost every job!

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Residential = Every single job even if we're using the 360i with a brush head. My tech's love the CRB's. Can't go wrong with pre agitation and the dwell time.
Commercial = Encap areas that are not heavily soiled.
Area rugs - use after vacuuming, before cleaning. I had a call from a homeowner to come and use my CRB on her area rugs that weren't "ready to be cleaned" - talk about easy $$. I asked her to tell her friends... We have also encapped area rugs where the furniture was way to heavy to move and they just wanted the outside edges done.
Basically, the CRB is a fabulous versatile tool.

SCC

Name
Steve Baker
I'm primarily a porty guy at this point of my life. I underestimated the benefit of owning a CRB. I scoffed at the pricing but didn't see many used ones for sale. Lots of people that I trust in this industry gave it high marks, I took the plunge and it's by far the most bang for your buck tool I can think of when it comes to using a porty with an apo and inline filter. When using a porty guys use 2 inch hoses, boosters of all sorts, inline filters and fancy wands to increase soil and water recovery. And all of those measures will help.

They don't help like a CRB though, especially if you use an apo with an inline filter. Nothing kills performance like a dirty filter. Prevac is not an option with an in line filter, but even still my air hog collects a lot of debris as it should. Ever since I started using the CRB I've noticed that my filters are really clean. On some jobs I used to change the filters more than once because of the suction loss before it was filled. Stronger truckmounts won't feel that drop off like a porty. It takes time and it's messy to change out a filter. I need fewer wand passes on carpets if I've vacuumed and used the crb prior to HWE. I think that gives you some time back in the long run. I use my crb on most every job. I'm 99% residential. Its as fast as my 13 inch 175 but it's lighter and it removes hair far better and lifts the carpet fibers. It also takes up less space on my van.

My favorite part of using the CRB is I know it's cleaner, it's a great sales tool, it helps set you apart from the guys that don't use one. Truckmount shmuckmount if I come behind a guy that doesn't use one I'll eat his lunch. If I had a truckmount I would still use the CRB because it's such a great sales tool. Customers love to see the hair rats removed...At least the way I do a presentation. I'm hardly ever rushed on my jobs so I invest more time into better presentations.

I've been cleaning for over 25 years. I still enjoy it. I spend more time explaining the importance of proper vacuuming and regular cleanings than most guys I would think. I take the time to explain the downsides of using the wrong types of spotters in an easy to understand manner. I also explain the importance of post vacuuming the job regardless of the method. I'll probably jinx myself by saying this but I get like one redo per year and I have one bad review that was for cussing out my customer not for the work performed.

I'm using it to clean grout and tile, wood floors too. It's not perfect and it's ineffective on some carpets.
2018-02-06 10.15.37.jpg

regarossa

Name
Reg Rogers
Wow cool pic Steve...

I wish I had a CRB when I was hwe guy in the ATL apt industry. I sure could have used it then...

I'm primarily a porty guy at this point of my life. I underestimated the benefit of owning a CRB. I scoffed at the pricing but didn't see many used ones for sale. Lots of people that I trust in this industry gave it high marks, I took the plunge and it's by far the most bang for your buck tool I can think of when it comes to using a porty with an apo and inline filter. When using a porty guys use 2 inch hoses, boosters of all sorts, inline filters and fancy wands to increase soil and water recovery. And all of those measures will help.

They don't help like a CRB though, especially if you use an apo with an inline filter. Nothing kills performance like a dirty filter. Prevac is not an option with an in line filter, but even still my air hog collects a lot of debris as it should. Ever since I started using the CRB I've noticed that my filters are really clean. On some jobs I used to change the filters more than once because of the suction loss before it was filled. Stronger truckmounts won't feel that drop off like a porty. It takes time and it's messy to change out a filter. I need fewer wand passes on carpets if I've vacuumed and used the crb prior to HWE. I think that gives you some time back in the long run. I use my crb on most every job. I'm 99% residential. Its as fast as my 13 inch 175 but it's lighter and it removes hair far better and lifts the carpet fibers. It also takes up less space on my van.

My favorite part of using the CRB is I know it's cleaner, it's a great sales tool, it helps set you apart from the guys that don't use one. Truckmount shmuckmount if I come behind a guy that doesn't use one I'll eat his lunch. If I had a truckmount I would still use the CRB because it's such a great sales tool. Customers love to see the hair rats removed...At least the way I do a presentation. I'm hardly ever rushed on my jobs so I invest more time into better presentations.

I've been cleaning for over 25 years. I still enjoy it. I spend more time explaining the importance of proper vacuuming and regular cleanings than most guys I would think. I take the time to explain the downsides of using the wrong types of spotters in an easy to understand manner. I also explain the importance of post vacuuming the job regardless of the method. I'll probably jinx myself by saying this but I get like one redo per year and I have one bad review that was for cussing out my customer not for the work performed.

I'm using it to clean grout and tile, wood floors too. It's not perfect and it's ineffective on some carpets.View attachment 77641

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Bruce
icapsolmini_1.jpg

I still have this one from many years ago , can't even remember what year I purchased it. Every living room has traffic area's that need to be scrubbed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom