Credit Card processing

topnotchman

What are you guys paying to process credit cards? Who are you going through? I was talking with a local processor here, and I can get a wireless setup in the van. But its like $70/month for the 4 year lease on the machine, and a $199 setup fee. The transaction rates dont sound bad.. debit is 1.45% and credit ranges from 1.8%-3.1%. No transaction fees just the rate. Anyways, i'm looking at like over $85/month just to process. Seems high but wondering what you guys rates are.

Thanks!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
topnotchman said:
What are you guys paying to process credit cards? Who are you going through? I was talking with a local processor here, and I can get a wireless setup in the van. But its like $70/month for the 4 year lease on the machine, and a $199 setup fee. The transaction rates dont sound bad.. debit is 1.45% and credit ranges from 1.8%-3.1%. No transaction fees just the rate. Anyways, i'm looking at like over $85/month just to process. Seems high but wondering what you guys rates are.

Thanks!

Propay.com is a cheap way to go...and you can process a card with your cell phone.
I use Intuit but I am going to switch to Capital One for various reasons.

Propay is cool because you pay a yearly fee...something like $59 to $159 depending on your needs..then they just take a % like all the others.
don't buy the scanners and sure as shit shootin don't lease them.

You can also do the online virtual terminal with Propay...and many others. Sucks that you have to transfer funds...takes about 3 days total to get your money.

bonesheal

I use Merchant Warehouse on my iPhone. I think it's 25 cents + 1.75% per transaction with a $25/month minimum, but that's just off the top of my head.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
4 year contract - no way. I am commitment adverse. I just started shopping for a credit card processing method.

My Blackberry has an app that will run them, I do not yet know the fees.

I am not a member of the Apple cult but the Iphone has a sweet CC scanner attachment and app. http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/31/mophie-iphone-credit-card-reader-coming-to-a-ces-near-you/

Sprint is about to release a built in broadband netbook for $100. It is being beta tested in Indiana.

Too many options and I am confused

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i have been using my iphone for a year and never had a problem..
it is a one time 50 dollar fee and 15.00 min a month..
rates are cheaper than what i was doing..i think in the 1.5% area..customers
love it because it emails them there statement immediately when the spr number comes
up..i will always use this and dont ever see us going with any other system..
call if you have questions
904-230-0678 dave

I used to take cards but I got tired of the hassel. I had a machine I had to take in and plug into the phone line. The problem with that was no one has a home phone anymore. I know there are better solutons. I will have to look into taking cards again but so far for the past three years it has not been a problem.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Dang, Brian

How many Credit Card Processing companies have you burn threw in the last 2 years?
I did my homework found the best deal / lowest fees then they locked me into an equipment leasing contract and changed the terms. Unless you are running 10K + every month you will find you have little negotiating power.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ACE said:
Dang, Brian

How many Credit Card Processing companies have you burn threw in the last 2 years?
I did my homework found the best deal / lowest fees then they locked me into an equipment leasing contract and changed the terms. Unless you are running 10K + every month you will find you have little negotiating power.

Lol. I'm on Propay and Intuit....I was on another years ago but that is it.

I want to change to Capital One (maybe) because they have some really cool options that the others don't have and all the cool options that they do have...but I think there is a monthly fee...that's the part I am looking into further.
Sometimes they have fees that you don't see right away. Have to be careful.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I have a wireless nuirt 8000 lease it for 35.00 per month 3 years, great machine. Then theres a 15.00 per month bank fee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom