Custom Squeegee

Discussion in 'Rugs and Textiles' started by cleanking, Oct 28, 2016.

1. The Great Oz
    The Great Oz

Name:
    bryan
    OK, I'm going to give up all future profit from this invention - because I love you all so much.
    (And know that everyone will steal it anyway and force me to sue... or threaten to sue... or just whine about the bastards...)

quad-bottom-15in[1].jpg

This is actually a pic of an existing Rotovac head to give you the idea. Take any rotary head with HDPE sliders, or cram HDPE sliders into the slots on any rotary tool you have, and use it for rug agitation in your flooded, soapy pit. Stop killing yourself with a third-world scraper on a stick!

This idea is actually the slumdog version of the roller head I wanted to make for rug pit agitation, but an industry patent troll has already patented any possible combination of roller and carpet cleaning, so this is the next best thing.
  2. cleanking
    cleanking

Name:
    Jordan King
    Got a video of this in action?
  3. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    What is a HPDE slider?
  4. The Great Oz
    The Great Oz

Name:
    bryan
    High Density PolyEthylene. The tough but slippy plastic used to make everything from oil-free bearings to wand glides.

I did a video of my roller head for the patent application as a proof of concept, but not the same thing. I actually started thinking about just using rotary glides when I saw Keith Studebaker's HDPE glides for the Hoss at MF S'Cruz a few years back.

[​IMG]

The thing every rug cleaner knows is that brushes work from the top and don't really do a very good job of getting impacted soil up from the base of an Oriental rug nap, compression does. A heavy rotary tool + a compression "blade" = dirt removal.
    [​IMG]
  5. Desk Jockey
    Desk Jockey

Rock Chalk

Name:
    Rico
    That, explains a lot! :winky:

All these years ALL theses years! All these years I just thought you were a dick. Now it seems you had good reason.

However, its a little too late for me change my opinion of you, since its already been formed.

Sorry! :lol:
  6. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    RotoVac uses Teflon

The Hoss glides are the plastic Ozzy speaks of.

Is he admitting DAB hacks out rugs with a rx20?
    Desk Jockey likes this.
  7. Ron K
    Ron K

Compression Compresses. It does not remove. Actually pushes dirt deeper in, compressing it into the base of the rugs foundation. It looks like you'r getting dirt out but you really are not. Snow works too. Take a really old dirty 90 line, Sarouk, or Bidjar and please tell me how you can compress dirt out. As an example take a really dirty sponge Squeeze it really tightly...fill it with more water then squeeze it again. More dirt why, "compression removes?" not really. Soap, detergent, surfactants, suspend soil,water rinses suspended soil away. Robert Mann extensively uses a rinsing"pressure washers" action also awesome aggitation the water actually opens the pile up and flushes dirt out, what i saw the ringer used for was for ringing out moisture to either re-clean or pre-centrifuge. Now I'm not saying you won't get some dirt out with that crazy devise. Probably get a lot of repair work from it too. But a scrapper used properly will do more.
  8. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    I've been particularly bored with this place of late. So I'm going to act like this is interesting.
    May be it will be.
    Desk Jockey likes this.
  9. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay

maybe you need excitement elsewhere in your life..

20161111_060012.jpg
  10. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay

I think Brian got his plastic acronyms confused, not that it matters..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polytetrafluoroethylene

His theory (and practice) of using a glided RE for pit agitation is something I'd like to see tested more. Not to offend Brian but arnt you the company that wont let your on location techs use glided wands? :headscratch:
  11. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
  12. The Great Oz
    The Great Oz

Name:
    bryan
    Different strokes for different pokes. A glided wand reduces agitation by allowing a fat piece of plastic to skim over the carpet surface. A wide scraper tool also might have a tendency to skim the surface without much compression. A narrow plastic under a heavier tool on a soaked and lubed up rug...

(We have roll-a-jet washer, so don't need this tool. I was thinking of all the people that could use a better method of soil removal until they have enough work to spend the 350k.) Knowing how the compression roller works in the machine, I believe a roller head would be better, as it would be less likely to damage a fragile rug (be more idiot proof). This is the "urban/backwoods/quick and easy/we have one of those" version.

Rhomann Dey: He said that he may be an... "a-hole". But he's not, and I quote, "100% a dick".
    Nova Prime Rael: Do you believe him?
    Rhomann Dey: Well, I don't know if I believe anyone is 100% a dick...
    Nova Prime Rael: Do you believe he's here to help?
    Rhomann Dey: ...Yeah, I do. Referring to the Star Lord - Guardians of the Galaxy

Teflon is DuPont's brand name for PTFE, but HDPE and PTFE are interchangeable for this purpose. Thanks for the accuracy check.
    Desk Jockey likes this.
  13. hogjowl
    hogjowl

@

Name:
    Marty Sutley
    That's ridiculous
  14. Nate The Great
    Nate The Great

Name:
    Nate W.

They even use Turbocat turbine vacuums to actually leave the place healthier... Not contaminating indoor air quality... Not those POS Royal dust bags.....Minus well use a pile lifter.....:stir:
  15. Desk Jockey
    Desk Jockey

Rock Chalk

Name:
    Rico
    LOL
  16. rhyde
    rhyde

Name:
    rhyde
    Hell i've never owned an RX20 ,...Over the years I have had a few rugs damaged by the them.
    Most wash plants use shampoo machines to apply cleaning solutions, agitation to break up embedded soils
    but not to remove soils out of a rugs foundation.. wash plants like Robert Mann for example use cimex machines to apply enzyme detergents, agitate but use rinse wringer and a Moore washer/rinse machine with a wringer to remove soils.
    Mikey P likes this.
  17. Nate The Great
    Nate The Great

Name:
    Nate W.
  18. Joe Appleby
    Joe Appleby

Supportive Member

Name:
    Joe Appleby
    IMG_1310.JPG IMG_1312.JPG IMG_1311.JPG
    Mikey P likes this.
  19. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    do you guys go out of your way to take shitty photos or are your flip phones covered in cheek grease?
  20. Joe Appleby
    Joe Appleby

Supportive Member

Name:
    Joe Appleby
    Sorry Ansel Adams. I left my Hasselblad in the pick-up.
    Chris A likes this.