Customer says moving recliners our fault.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Dick Jockey and Snooper Hero are our national roaming congressmen.

And while we're at it congressmen, what should Will have done if the clients were temporarily blinded by the white, like new glowing cleanliness of Wills excellent work. Lost their balance and broke a collar bone (or their wish bone)? Should Will pay for their physical therapy? Pain & suffering?

Or did Boris get it right?

Last edited:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I would graciously decline the chance to accept blame. And offer to fix it maybe taking half the cost but in no uncertain terms that "I dinnt do nuffin an I dinnt move the dam diiivan"

It's not Boris... It's Sadiq Kahn.
Boris was too stupid to stay in office.

Reactions: bob vawter

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
They won't be calling you back regardless so refuse to fix their stupidity.
I suppose you could refund their $49.95 for the two rooms and a hall you cleaned?

Reactions: hogjowl

SamIam

Name
sam miller
If you blocked and told them
The chair is on blocks becarful your off the hook.

I understand your frustration, but lie others have said go look deny deny deny then be a hero and fix it because you like them, and appreciate they're continued support.

Ps don't listen to Jimmy!

He's tired from doing 6 trailers for $49.95 each.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The voices in my head say - if you go back to fix it .. bring some poison ivy leaves and rub the oil on the front inside rim of the toilet seat .. just saying !!

Ok .. just kidding :icon_cool:

You came and fixed my wall, now my nuts are on fire!

So you want me to come back and ice your nuts?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Two separate issues:
  1. Retaining a client and avoiding a potential bad review.
  2. How much liability one wishes to take and where does our liability end?

What if to avoid the first, you fix it. By doing so you assume (admit) liability. What if later they claim that they dislocated their neck and want compensation? Didn't one, by fixing it, have already admitted liability?
Not to mention what's fair (absolutely they are at fault.)

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Two separate issues:
  1. Retaining a client and avoiding a potential bad review.
  2. How much liability one wishes to take and where does our liability end?

What if to avoid the first, you fix it. By doing so you assume (admit) liability. What if later they claim that they dislocated their neck and want compensation? Didn't one, by fixing it, have already admitted liability?
Not to mention what's fair (absolutely they are at fault.)
:headscratch:
I weep for what pussies we/YOU GUYS have become. Man up!
The good lord gave you two of them. Use them. :biggrin:

I know I know you're Jewish... but it sounded good without the complications of religion...so just go with it. :winky:

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I'd fix it.

I also make a point of telling people their furniture is right back where I found it, "but check to make sure."

In fact, the post cleaning walk through is a requirement before they are allowed to pay.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
:headscratch:
I weep for what pussies we/YOU GUYS have become. Man up!
The good lord gave you two of them. Use them. :biggrin:

I know I know you're Jewish... but it sounded good without the complications of religion...so just go with it. :winky:
Hear hear Desk Cocky.
Sounds like you found yours. Though fixing everything even when not at fault, is not what one would call a ballsy move.
More like meek comes to mind.

meek, meek, meek, meek........... meeeeeeeeeek

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Had a helper lean against a drywalled wall......3/8' drywall, studs 2 foot spacing. Of course, it cracked right down the middle. Good repeat customer, it was in a tight closet, but I had it fixed anyway. If I was a younger stud from days past, I would have fixed it myself.

Sometimes you gotta eat it.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
@WillS. How was this resolved?

Told him I didn't move it. We don't move furniture (normally). After some back and forth he told me he will have someone come out and fix it. I did not offer to fix this. I didn't sit in the recliner nor move it. My guess is they still call us. They are between 70 and 80 years old and once went out there 3 times no charge for a blood stain. It was 3 areas for $150. They probably put the blame on their home manager once I didn't take it.

Name
Nate W.
You just lost a client.....

@Desk Jockey on Nate's computer....!

I wouldn't take blame for something I didn't do.. I was raised to do the right thing when no one is looking.. I wouldn't service them for the price to begin with, so no loss to me.. :lol:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
They are between 70 and 80 years old and once went out there 3 times no charge for a blood stain. It was 3 areas for $150.

Sounds like my story, i have 80 year old couple calling me to clean blood stain and iodine about 2 times a month... I still charge them tho

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Derrick T. said: ↑
@WillS. How was this resolved?
Told him I didn't move it. We don't move furniture (normally). After some back and forth he told me he will have someone come out and fix it. I did not offer to fix this. I didn't sit in the recliner nor move it. My guess is they still call us. They are between 70 and 80 years old and once went out there 3 times no charge for a blood stain. It was 3 areas for $150. They probably put the blame on their home manager once I didn't take it.

It's a win for all of us, Will!!!:clap:

Name
Wayne Thompson
I got called back out to clean a dining room because the lady said the spots came back. I did the room for free and a few weeks she called me back to say that the spots came back again. The third time I took a camera with me and took some pictures and cleaned it again for free. A few weeks later she called me back again, the spots came back. I showed her the pictures and the spots were not in the same place. She truly did not believe that she was at fault until I showed her the pictures. She felt bad and has me do her carpets on a regular basis now, of course my prices went up a little on the the future cleanings. Sometimes you just have to make it work out. If I would not have done it the way that I did she would have bad mouthed me to all of her friends. Now she recommends me to her friends.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom