Customer Service...How good are you?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Yesterday with my break down of my newer van and cc system, My go to repair center no longer is a GMC warranty center.

My van has 2 years of warranty remaining, so I can't even buy another extended after market warranty to be able to have them service this unit.

That servicer center would bend over backwards for me (as I spend a lot of money with them every year), and they are just good!

They other place that I would have to get warranty service now, could not look at my van until Monday, then would order parts, then possibly get it finished up sometime later next week (had a fuel pump go bad again). They are terribly understaffed and not doing anything about it, except advertising they are the only GM warranty service center now....(DUMB...) :hopeless:

Every place I called yesterday (except the tow truck service which has always been over the top great service!!!), absolutely WOULD DO NOTHING FOR US. This included not even looking for the parts if they had them in stock at parts centers :oldrolleyes:

My mechanics that are taking on the project had a fuel pump located in Superior, Wisconsin (About 2 hours away) and the owner just happened to be in that area.....but when he got there....NO FUEL PUMP FOUND ON THE SHELF...and they did not call him back to let him know! (HE ASKED THEM TO MAKE SURE THEY REALLY HAD IT AND LEFT CELL NUMBER) :mad:

So, I had a former client who moved to Texas...they called me with a shoe polish spot on their crème carpet. I worked with them on the phone about 3 times during the day, and also located them Michael Lockhart's info for future help as well. (Networking!) :rockon:

After all this all happened to me....I had to review MY customer service.

AM I AS GOOD AS I THINK I AM?!

I SURE HOPE SO... If not, this was a wake up call of how frustrating it was to be treated rudely by most of the people I came in contact with.

The owner of my former warranty service center, personally contacted me (phone and in person) to apologize about not being able to help me. That was customer service! :biggrin:

He also gave me contact numbers to get more service AND my invoices paid even though work was not done at an OFFICAL warranty center.

SO...HOW GOOD IS YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE and THE PEOPLE REPRESENTING YOU? :yoda:

Reactions: kingjoelking

Brian H

Name
Brian H

We eat a lot of the warranty work on our vehicles for that very reason. We can't afford to have a vehicle out of service for a week even though the repair is covered.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom