cutting back on marketing when booked

Discussion in 'Lets talk Business!' started by WillS, Nov 13, 2017.

1. WillS
    WillS

Supportive Member

Name:
    Will
    When your schedule is booked up for a week or 2 in advance, how are you spending on marketing?

Since beginning of October, we have been booked up each day without spending anything on marketing. This month I've only put $50 towards FB just to keep our name out there. We are ranking high on google for a couple of keywords. These google organic clicks are sending us around 50 unique visitors (located in our area) to the site per day.

Would you recommend to put a certain non-variable amount towards advertising each month even if you are booked up? Don't want people to forget us when it comes slower months next year. Only thing I will be spending on for the rest of this month will be reminder cards.
    Russ T., Mikey P and Able 1 like this.
  2. Jim Williams
    Jim Williams

Name:
    Jim Williams
    I would cut off the ads and only run them in the slow months if you need them. It has been my experience that once I get booked two weeks out people tend to call somebody else unless it's a repeat customer.
    Mikey P and WillS like this.
  3. Desk Jockey
    Desk Jockey

Hondo

Name:
    I am MIGHTY!
    Pedal to the metal baby! :winky:

Consistency as you mentioned. Maybe less if you are really backed up, but keep pushing. You never know where potential clients are at in the purchasing cycle.
    smastio, Russ T., Nomad74 and 2 others like this.
  4. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    That's the time to ramp it up. I find if I relax, things start to slow down. Then I get in a panic and start marketing again. So now I just keep the pressure on all the time and everyone is happy.
    smastio, Russ T., WillS and 1 other person like this.
  5. Ron K
    Ron K

Keep it going. Try if you can to "educate" your customers that they need to call two weeks ahead. They'll wait and figure it out.The ones that don't might not be worth it.
    smastio likes this.
  6. Jimmy L
    Jimmy L

Name:
    Jimmy L
    I put out road side signs when I need more work. 2 rooms and a hall $19.95
    Nomad74 and Russ T. like this.
  7. Russ T.
    Russ T.

Supportive Member

Name:
    Russ Terhaar
    So that’s YOU Jimmy!
  8. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    Do you work for Sears? :)
  9. Hoody
    Hoody

Supportive Member

Name:
    Steven Hoodlebrink
    Complacency is the business killer. I see so many booked out 2 weeks and then dead like a rock because they turn everything off. I'm guilty of it too but have found to keep things moving because it allows me to look at potentials and make purchasing and hiring decisions when I see consistent trends of new work coming in. It allows me to figure out growth and to duplicate what is working and take money away from what isn't and put it where it is. When I'm slammed I raise my prices so the working till 3-5 in the morning and waking back up at 7 is worth it when I can spend that money on a much needed vacation and downtime.
    WillS, Angie Aztec and Nomad74 like this.
  10. Ofer Kolton
    Ofer Kolton

Name:
    Ofer Kolton
    It depends on how many crews Will has and can they squeeze in the extra workload when needed.
    Letting the advertisement go can create some slow times. Keeping at it and creating new clients while you're slammed busy, could create other problems.

Its a balancing act. Adjust advertisement accordingly.
    Ron K, Russ T. and WillS like this.