Dave Gill Hot Seat

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
How are you doing your scheduling?
How are you Routing?
Besides referals and repeats what is money in the bank on advertising?
What is your commercial vs residential?
What is your pricing structure?
Do you do stone?
Do you do VCT?
Who answers your phones?

Thanks in advance

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
How are you doing your scheduling?

wife..she was the office manager of the largest cleaning company in the dc area for 15 years (where we met) normandy carpet care
service monster also but we are not using them to our best advantage yet..we are very hands on here and feel it
keeps us in touch with the customers personally and on a more personal level..it is importaint to us for our customers
to know that when they call chances are they will be speaking to someone that know them or of them..caller
id helps with that one lots.. we have been using service monster for 5 years now.

How are you Routing?

we have 4 wall size dry erase boards in the office..color coded areas and at a glance you can see where
the trucks will be and what needs to be filled in..we book out 3 weeks but try not too.

Besides referals and repeats what is money in the bank on advertising?

if i dont get a 10 times return on my investment i freak out ..i will not sign a advertising contract
for more than 3 months..if it works and gives me my return i will sign a longer term but to test the
waters you should not commit to more than a 3 month sting..it is a potential waste of money. if you
are not seeing some activity in 3 months chances are you wont..and trust me, those that say they
only have 6 month contracts will allow you to do a 3 month you just have to stick to your guns. hold
the advertiser accountable and tell them to stand behind their publication and explain that you are just
protecting yourself.. i spent 6k over a year long contract and got 2 PHONE CALLS!!! never again will i
get trapped.
What is your commercial vs residential?

75 res 25 commercial with a mix of restaurants and office settings

What is your pricing structure?

sqft pricing..i give the customer a choice of tr areas or wall to wall

Do you do stone?

did but dont now

Do you do VCT?

yes but not a lot and we charge a ton to do it..however it looks like a swimming pool
and lasts forever!!

Who answers your phones?

wife and a office helper..she is part time.
the wife has a way of making the customers fall in love with her, she remembers everyone and something
about them and spends time with them on the phone..she gets backed up but it is worth it. she gets addressees
backwards sometimes and streets are messed up sometimes but man those customers love her.
she makes a connection with them that our crews continue when at the home..i.e. birthdays, kids graduations
whatever is going on that prompted them to call she makes sure the crew knows that is going out so the customer
feels special..it is not that hard and a huge pay off..we have a play with pets policy..if you dont you wont be working here
long..

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good answers.

How many crews?

How do you pay them? Commission? Hourly? What?

Specifically who do yo advertise with?

Internet Marketing?

Do you clean or do you run the show only?

What kind of equipment are you running?

Thanks!

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
How many crews?

2 trucks with 2 man crews but at times one truck will go out solo

How do you pay them? Commission? Hourly? What?

my lead guy makes 23% and bonuses good helpers make 17%

Specifically who do yo advertise with?

i am a local advertiser..i am big into saturation in your target area locally
and them huge into my customer base..i smack that around pretty hard all the time.
i need to do more with my website because i feel it is a nice one
and i need to stop being lazy with my fb page

Internet Marketing?

see above

Do you clean or do you run the show only?

i clean 50% of the time..i am slowly getting off the truck..i want the company to run
smooth without my influence..it will take lots of time but we are getting there. i am consistent
with my direction and decisions so it is easy for the guys to think of what i would do and just do it.

What kind of equipment are you running?

all butler...yea baby!!!!!!

and cimex for commercial

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
why would I buy a headache, when I can cause them. You taking my buttons away now. I have them forever and don't abuse them

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
we need more questions for Dave. Dave is a pioneer in which he isn't obsessed with the stuff we are. we want the newest upholstery etc, new wand and this dude is out fishing. Ask him how he does it

Name
Damon
Hi,

How has the economy effected your business? Have you seen an uptick in your market yet?

What's your employee retention like? How do you make sure that every job is done to your standards?

Have you noticed an increase in competition from new guys offering low ball pricing? If so, how have you dealt with it?

Do you see yourself growing to 3 - 4 trucks?

Thanks!

Name
Danny Strickland
i sat down to dinner with Dave and Shelly. She does have that way with people.

dave sold me a piece of shit 175, but i've made alot of $$$$ with it, so it's all good!!!!! :p

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
quote="steve"]Dave...are you saying 40 %labor with the lead tech and helper?[/quote]

yes sir...you get what you pay for and i want perfect caring trust worthy
employees that dont steel and piss off the customers..i make more money
that way in the long run.

How has the economy effected your business? Have you seen an uptick in your market yet?

it slowed us down a bit..average ticket went from 290$ to the 190$ range seems people just
we not doing as much..still getting dont just more picky as to what

uptick..yea a little bit. we are back up to 270$ average ticket but have lots of
ups and downs that were not there as much before..i see it getting better

What's your employee retention like? How do you make sure that every job is done to your standards?

its great..i lost one of my lead guy that was with me from the beginning, he moved with his family
out of state..everyone else has been there from the start years..i have gone through 5-6 people
in a quest to find a great helper for my guy to get me off the truck but its all good..we have high
standards and are not flexible on them so we dont rush a hire.

Have you noticed an increase in competition from new guys offering low ball pricing? If so, how have you dealt with it?

yes. but i dont care..we just go out and do the best job we can and dont worry about what others do.
most of the time we clean up after them sooner or later..our goal is to saturate our main area so we are the lead dog
and anyone that comes along has to deal with our name and reputation..we have a policy that if the customers
have pets you play with them..people that have pets love them and when they see that you do as well it strengthens the
relationship..its all about friendly safe happy relationship..everyone worries about the cleaning side but forgets
about the relationship side..anyone can clean to be honest with you!! dont ever forget that..ANYONE can clean but
personality is where its at!!

Do you see yourself growing to 3 - 4 trucks?

yes..if the economy had not tanked we would be deep right now. i dont want
more than and may scale it back to if i find the company losing control of itself or cutting
into my fishing time..i go at least twice a week now

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
most of what i catch is pretty large and not legal to keep or not smart to keep..
however when the pomps are chewing they come home and get stuffed with crab
meat and cooked up..
thanks

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
most of the fish have size limits because of spawning..min and max..
i pretty much fish for the sport, not really into killing things. dont get me
wrong, i keep some fish just not too much..nothing go's in the freezer just
what is going to get eaten fresh or if a family is in need i will load them up
but mostly it all swims away healthy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom